AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Active Contributor
thebeesnees
Message 1 of 6 (736 Views)
Accepted Solution

Multiline help (line width)

736 Views, 5 Replies
11-16-2012 02:16 AM

I need to create a linestyle comprising 3 lines offset by 1 unit with the middle line 2 units wide (see attached).

I have tried using multiline however there doesn't appear to be option to set line "width" - any ideas?

Hi,

why not just using the fill-option within the MLSTYLE?

- alfred -

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 6 (725 Views)

Re: Multiline help (line width)

11-16-2012 05:33 AM in reply to: thebeesnees

Hi,

why not just using the fill-option within the MLSTYLE?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Active Contributor
thebeesnees
Message 3 of 6 (719 Views)

11-16-2012 06:18 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Not sure how I missed that!

I was originally trying to create a similar style but with dashed middle line (2 units wide) - is this possible?

Thanks again.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 6 (716 Views)

11-16-2012 06:27 AM in reply to: thebeesnees

Hi,

to create a third line with 0 offset and a dashed linetype is possible, but not the width = 2 then (IMHO).

Sorry, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
khairul.alam
Message 5 of 6 (128 Views)

07-23-2014 07:36 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I was wondering if there is a way of drawing more than 100 parallel lines using a command in Autocad. I have used mline but that only allows me to draw 16 parallel lines at a time which is no good for my job at hand. It would be really helpful if you could help me find a which would enable me to draw 100+ parallel lines in one click. Thanks in advance

*Expert Elite*
Kent1Cooper
Message 6 of 6 (119 Views)

07-23-2014 09:29 AM in reply to: khairul.alam

khairul.alam wrote:

I was wondering if there is a way of drawing more than 100 parallel lines using a command in Autocad. I have used mline but that only allows me to draw 16 parallel lines at a time which is no good for my job at hand. It would be really helpful if you could help me find a which would enable me to draw 100+ parallel lines in one click. Thanks in advance

Welcome to the Forums!  This seems different enough from the Subject of this thread that it's probably worth a new thread of its own, and since it's not a version-dependent question, the Customization Forum would be a better place.

But quickly....  That would not be difficult for 100 parallel single Lines -- a routine could easily be made to ask for one line and then Copy or Offset it 99 [or however many you need] times at a given distance, perpendicular to its own direction.  Is that sufficient?  If you want it to operate similarly to MLINE, with multiple consecutive segments, the same could probably be done with a Polyline and Offset [not Copy], which would also allow the inclusion of arc segments that you can't have in Mlines.  But you wouldn't get the 99 additional copies until after completion of the entire base Polyline -- it wouldn't show you what you're getting along the way as MLINE does.  Would that work?  In any case, the result would not be a single entity as an Mline is.  They could all be associated together as a Group, but you couldn't grab a vertex to move it and have all of them adjust accordinatly as an Mline does.

Kent Cooper
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.