Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mtext

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
761 Views, 9 Replies

mtext

I am wondering if there is any way to 'find & replace' a carriage return; specifically to add one in. I have figured how to take it out.
the reason I want to do this, is because 'tcount' will increment, by the amount specified, for each line of mtext; I have multiple lines of 2 line mtext, and I want to 'tcount' one number in the first line of each instance of mtext.
Now, I know I can do it manually, and in fact I would have had it done almost an hour ago if had, but this issue crops up every now and again, where if there was a fix or work-around to the 'tcount' issue (such as somehow inserting a carriage return) my efficiency could be increased.. for example I could get through renumbering 30 instances of 2 or 3 line mtext across 15 different drawings..

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

So you want this:
to become this:
using TCOUNT?
And work across multiple drawings?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

no.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

.. ..

oh just give me ten minutes I will make screenshots
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

simple, take out your reference to tcount. and then do what you asked in reverse.
1234 to become

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

after step3, put the 504xxxx lines back on the second line of mtext
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

If I do not put the '504xxxx' line on the first line of mtext this is what happens. (I removed the 7686 from the second line to show how the increments happen based on number of lines of mtext.)

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

oh, and the relevant lines start at "CB-39" specifically changing '7686'
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

my point about other drawings was this; even though this particular example has 11 instances of mtext I want to change, and I can do that with relative ease (manually), it just takes a bit longer. I have had situations where I have had to do the same sort of thing, on numerous drawings, with anywhere from 10-30 instances of mtext. when the only thing I want to do is add or change a sequence of numbers, I should be able to 'tcount' it. but that command does not cooperate with mtext, as shown. so far the only work around I know, is to reduce the mtext to one line, 'tcount' , then put the mtext back into multiple lines..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost