AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

bryanwestbrook
Message 11 of 16 (332 Views)

Re: mtext formatting

04-21-2010 03:10 PM in reply to: *genemarz
Yea my computer does the same thing and it is very annoying!!! Please if you find out how to change it back the old way let me know. I know i checked my text properties and even in the properties it shows that the text is NOT annotative but yet my text is still scaled by 8 everytime i enter a text height.
metros269
Message 12 of 16 (332 Views)

04-26-2010 12:16 PM in reply to: *genemarz
I just started using 2011 version and when I tried changing the font size through the editor, it would not change to what I wanted (text was 1/8" and I wanted to change it to 9".) The only way to change it was through the properties tab. First I thought it was the drawing but I started a new file, hit 'T' (bound to mtext) and started typing. I made sure annotative was not highlighted, selected all the text and typed in 9 or 12 for the text height but it changed to 72 feet! Went back in, highlighted all the text again and tried changing the size to 1'-0" but it would stay are 72'-0" This was definitely not the case in 2010 or before and it is really annoying!
Valued Contributor
FT398
Message 13 of 16 (332 Views)

04-27-2010 07:22 AM in reply to: *genemarz
I get the same behaviour - ACA2011 (64bit) and if I change the text height in the editor it ignores my input and uses it's own. Only way to get the text the correct height is to use the properties dialog as many have already stated. Text style is not annotative and is the same style I use quite happily in 2010 and many releases prior to that. Definitely something to do with 2011 - maybe a bug, maybe a setting, but definitely not the way it used to behave.

**EDIT**.
Just checked the annotation scale in my drawing and set it to 1:1 and all is back to normal. Seems that for some reason all my text is considered annotative even though it is not defined as such in the style.
*genemarz
Message 14 of 16 (332 Views)

04-27-2010 01:19 PM in reply to: *genemarz
yeah...but you can't have your annotation scale set to 1:1 when you are
doing an 1/8"=1'0" scale plan.

"mister_nick" wrote in message news:6381167@discussion.autodesk.com...
I get the same behaviour - ACA2011 (64bit) and if I change the text height
in the editor it ignores my input and uses it's own. Only way to get the
text the correct height is to use the properties dialog as many have already
stated. Text style is not annotative and is the same style I use quite
happily in 2010 and many releases prior to that. Definitely something to do
with 2011 - maybe a bug, maybe a setting, but definitely not the way it used
to behave.

**EDIT**.
Just checked the annotation scale in my drawing and set it to 1:1 and all is
back to normal. Seems that for some reason all my text is considered
annotative even though it is not defined as such in the style.
Distinguished Contributor
damo3
Message 15 of 16 (332 Views)

05-10-2010 05:55 PM in reply to: *genemarz
im hoping this is a mistake/bug by autodesk, because your edit is correct. what you enter in mtext as a text height is scaled by your annotation value. so as you have mentioned, making it 1:1 fixes this. im really hoping this is an error and that autodesk wasnt silly enough to make a change to this simple function.
Distinguished Contributor
albionpjl
Message 16 of 16 (330 Views)

06-09-2010 06:23 AM in reply to: damo3

Same problem here, except setting scale to 1:1 made it even worse. (scaling down to 1/1000th of the set font size).

Given up on mtext and gone back to dtext. That at least sizes as I tell it.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.