AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
Simon_Weel
Message 1 of 2 (186 Views)

Mouseclicks and Ribbon

186 Views, 1 Replies
08-04-2011 06:05 AM

Had the same problem with release 2011. I have to click several times on ribbon buttons for the command to become active. There was at least one other person suffering this behaviour, so I'm not alone.

I remember something similar with release 12, way back when digitzier tablets where in fashion. You had to move the puck at the time you clicked one of the buttons. If you kept the puck steady, clicking the buttons had no effect. Pretty annoying as I recall. Now something similar with 2011 and 2012.

Tried several things, like different mousedrivers. The Aero-theme is already switched off - in fact, the Themes-service is switched off alltogether.

When I switch to the 'classic' workspace (i.e. 'ye ole toolbars) everythings works fine - I don't have to click toolbar buttons several times before they become active. So when I'm fed up with clicking ribbon buttons in vain, I switch to the 'classic' workspace.

BUT - I just want the Ribbon to respond without hesitation. Any clues?

BTW: system used is Windows 7 Pro x64.

Simon

Product Support
luconceicao
Message 2 of 2 (165 Views)

Re: Mouseclicks and Ribbon

08-05-2011 06:39 AM in reply to: Simon_Weel

Hi Simon,

Have you tried with a different mouse?

Also, does the same happen in Windows diagnostic mode?

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1054234 - Starting AutoCAD in Windows diagnostic mode

Cheers,

Luciane

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.