nestly
Message 11 of 17 (5,667 Views)

Re: Model Space not showing in Viewport

03-24-2011 07:33 AM in reply to: aaaaa69
aaaaa69
Message 12 of 17 (5,664 Views)

03-24-2011 08:47 AM in reply to: JACERAC

I was sunny in all layers on my machine. At all times. HOWEVER.... I opened the layers properties box......right clicked......chose VP thaw layer in all viewports. THIS SOLVED THE PROBLEM!

I dont know how i was to tell they were frozen or how all layers were frozen.

On your machine was it snowflake in the layers tab in your ribbon bar?

mine definetly wasnt. My drawings arent so complicated as to need to freeze layers. Anyways....

Doesnt matter. Im crediting you Jacerac with the fix. i couldnt have done it without you  Jacerac and nestly.

Thankyou both once again. Sleep tonight knowing you got a new friend on the other side of the world.
Wishing you all the best. Hope you win Lotto!

*Pro
nestly
Message 13 of 17 (5,656 Views)

03-24-2011 09:28 AM in reply to: aaaaa69

Although your layers were not frozen by VP in Paperspace in your new layout, I'm quite certain they were (snowflakes)  in Modelspace.  :smileywink:

Contributor
JACERAC
Message 14 of 17 (5,650 Views)

03-24-2011 10:39 AM in reply to: nestly

FYI...Here it what I see from the ribbon (I thawed one layer) 

aaaaa69
Message 15 of 17 (5,631 Views)

03-24-2011 05:40 PM in reply to: JACERAC

Well thats very interesting JACERAC. I can say with absolute certainty that my layout view in the ribbon bar was showing 100% sunny on all layers.

It was only when i opened new layers setup tab/properties (as shown in nestlys superb video ) that the snow could be seen. exactly as shown in nestlys video. when considering my layers NEVER looked like Jaceracs pic....Thats a little bug or an area that needs improving from Autocad. (How can they be sunny in ribbon layout and frosty in the properties box? at the same time!)

However at the time of solving the problem i wasnt aware that our discussion had moved onto page 2. thus i hadnt seen nestlys video at that time. was only when replying to jacerac about finding the snow in the properties/new layout box that we were on page two and i found the video.

So long story short.....! JACERACS persistence led me to find the problem in the layers, and NESTLYS video ABSOLUTELY nailed it. You BOTH solved my problem simultainiously! Nestlys video work was superb.

I have credited you both as finding the solution.

I dont know how long Nestlys video can stay uploaded or if it expires. I hope the video link doesnt expire as it is a  perfect demonstration video and problem solver for people who face this problem in the future. In conjunction with jaceracs pic the two together are a great solve.

Once again a BIG THANKYOU to BOTH of you. I am truly genuinely grateful. If i could i would send you both a lotto ticket.

The speed with which you solved the problem is amazing. Autocad is extremely lucky to have such learned community members so active in their forums. A Youtube style reward program for super problem solvers such as yourselves isnt such a stupid idea. (or credits towards an Auotcad product of your choice?)

It would only make the Autocad brand more valuable and indispensable product for industry.

Nestly and Jacerac you have a new fan and friend here in Aus!:smileyvery-happy:

*Pro
nestly
Message 16 of 17 (5,625 Views)

03-24-2011 11:44 PM in reply to: aaaaa69

aaaaa69 wrote:

Well thats very interesting JACERAC. I can say with absolute certainty that my layout view in the ribbon bar was showing 100% sunny on all layers.

The New VP Freeze control in the Layers Property palette only determines whether the layer(s) wll be frozen (snowflakes) in new viewports, they'll still be thawed (sunny) by default in Paperspace.
Look at JACERAC's screencap carefully... you'll see modelspace is active.
http://www.screencast.com/t/r71VSoeE

aaaaa69
Message 17 of 17 (5,618 Views)

03-25-2011 01:36 AM in reply to: nestly

yes nestly i see clearly now. Definetly a rookie mistake! I wont be fooled by that one again.

My previous practice drawings never behaved like this. So I must have at some point whilst playing/learning froze all the layers and forgot to undo what i had done.

I was foolishly thinking its a new viewport so show me the drawing! why else call it or need to open a vieport!

I have found your library at screencast and i have bookmarked, for future reference study. i look forward to your new videos and am chuffed my little drawing made it in your educational series of vids.

Are you on Youtube?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.