Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mleaders - arrowhead or content first?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
borderliner
471 Views, 9 Replies

mleaders - arrowhead or content first?

Hi, is there a setvar to control whether an mleader object starts with either the arrowhead, or the landing first?

I know you can select it via the command prompt, but I'm starting the mleader from a LISP routine and want to specify that it's arrowhead first everytime. I've had guys that manage to change this setting by mistake, then not remember what they'd done to change it back. So I wanted to set the setting via LISP, so it wouldn't keep happening.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: borderliner

Message 3 of 10
borderliner
in reply to: pendean

I'm only really after the setvar name, nothing aout LISP.

Message 4 of 10
pendean

no 'setvar".

Any reason your lisp can't just call the commandline sub-command when running MLEADER?

Message 5 of 10
steve216586

Use QLEADER!

I don't know why anyone uses MLEADER except that it is more well known just because of its name. It works Bass-Ackward as your post suggests.

QLEADER will always cue you to select the terminator first, then cues for text placement. But not before the text is typed as you are provided with a real time visual of text length, and height. I hardly ever, if ever, had luck on the first try placing text with MLEADER because it doesn't give real time visual of text. You can only see where your text is after you place it. And then you usually have to fine tune the placement expecially in tight spots.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 6 of 10
pendean
in reply to: steve216586

QLEADER has it's place, MLEADER is a single entiy object with it's own settings separate from DIMSTYLE and not broken into separate parts. Neither is good or bad, they are different, a user must decide for themselves which to use.

MLEADER is what the OP wants to wisely use 🙂
Message 7 of 10
nestly2
in reply to: steve216586

Huh?

QLEADER vs MLEADER.gif

Message 8 of 10
borderliner
in reply to: nestly2

I used to use qleaders (for many years actually), but since I've started writing my little LISP things for my group, mleaders are the way to go. You can define landing size in the style for one thing :-).

All I was after was a setting that I could set in the ACAD.doc (?) file, so that even if someone inadvertently changed the setting, the next time they open/created a drawing it would get reset.

Thanks for your time/thoughts.

Message 9 of 10
steve216586
in reply to: nestly2

I don't have a way of showing my example but just placing them both out is space looks like they are equal but they aren't. The trouble comes when you are trying to type in a description in a tight spot.

MLEADER you have to choose where to start text. Sometimes it may work out and not interfer with other entities, but if the open space you have is confined, you will porbably have to go back and adjust the location.

Qleader allows you to create text and still move it around after the text is typed. Thus, allowing you to place it precicely in confined spaces.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 10 of 10
GrantsPirate

Try putting

(COMMAND "MLEADER" "H" ^C)

in the acad.lsp, or just add that to your lisp routine.  Same suggestion Dean gave earlier without the detail.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost