AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
JasonRuhl
Message 1 of 5 (546 Views)

MLeader Text moves insertion point after editing

546 Views, 4 Replies
11-28-2011 09:53 AM

AutoCad 2012 SP1 / Windows 7 64 bit

Sometimes I have MLeader text without Mleaders (ie, I remove the leader arm using MLEADEREDIT). Then when I go to edit this 'floating note', the base point moves:

In this screenshot, I've just finished editing the text. Note that I added in the diagonal line at the current insertion point of the Mleader text (top right):

Problem 002a.jpg

Then, after I click outside the Mleader box, the text moves:

Problem 002b.jpg

THis happens only with right-aligned MLeaders, and keeps happening, ie if I edit this text again and close it again, it will move again.

Anyone else having this issue?

Contributor
JasonRuhl
Message 2 of 5 (514 Views)

Re: MLeader Text moves insertion point after editing

12-06-2011 08:02 PM in reply to: JasonRuhl

Update: This seems to happen only when the original mleader is mirrored at come point during its existence. If I create a new Mleader, remove the leader, and change the alighnment the issue does not appear.

Distinguished Contributor
jcole
Message 3 of 5 (477 Views)

02-08-2012 09:53 AM in reply to: JasonRuhl

I have been having this same problem. My issue happens specifically when I have a multileader with no leaders and the text is centered or right justified. If I center the text with the leader it will not move. If I remove the leader and the text is still left justified it will not move. But once I center the text with no leader it moves right across the screen every time I edit it. I tried your suggestion of mirrored multileaders and that does not affect my issue - a brand new multileader never mirrored will act this way all of the time.

On a related note, I have noticed that some of my multileaders will move themselves. For example I will have the text all aligned and I will close the drawing. I open it next time and the text is moved and the leader is going across the text. It seems like it happens mostly when I manually grip the leader anchor, but I haven't really figured out when exactly it happens. If I edit the text it will jump back to where it is supposed to be... ???

crispyme
Message 4 of 5 (234 Views)

10-30-2013 09:10 PM in reply to: jcole

I'm having the same problem.

Did anyone come up with a solution?

*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 5 of 5 (225 Views)

10-31-2013 05:47 AM in reply to: JasonRuhl

Does this still happen if you Explode the leaderless Mleader?  That will leave you with an MText entity, which (in theory) should behave normally

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.