Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mleader background masking question...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
msroble33
358 Views, 5 Replies

Mleader background masking question...

Ok, I got some mleaders here, they have background mask applied to them, and it works like a charm.

But not on all of them.

And it's not like I got 30 different styles or anything, it's one style, and generally I copy it around and edit the mtext within.

Anyway, what's happening is if you grip the mleader, then drag the insertion point icon of the text portion, and start to drag, you'll notice that all the text has this brownish box around it. And it covers ALL the text.

I move to another one, and do the same thing, and the brownish bock only covers like the first letter of each line. So the only that that gets masked is whatever is behind those letters.

I've seen something similar happen with Mtext, but it's easy to fix, but with mleaders, I'm not seeing anything but "Do you want Background Mask? Yes/No"

And all my mleaders are on the same style so I'm not really thinking it's a setting in there.

I got two things left to try and I'm about done. Ha ha!

1. Grab an mleader, Select Similar, turn all background mask off, and then back on again.

2. Grab an mleader, Select Similat, change the style to Standard, then back to the other style.

Anyone else ran into this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: msroble33

Welcome to the Forums

Mleaders if I remember correctly act the same way as multiline text.

Have you changed the width of any of your Mleaders.

Also, if it doesn't violate company policy, I suggest you post your drawing here so we can have a look at it and advise you what to do.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
msroble33
in reply to: hwalker

Won't be able to post the drawing, but I CAN give you a snapshot of what I'm getting when I click and drag.

Message 4 of 6
msroble33

Well, apparently, the width worked.

Not sure why I never thought to change it.

Probably because I didn't change it to begin with, so I discounted that as the culprit.

That coupled with the fact that you can't manipulate the width with grips like you can on Mtext either.

That appears to be the ticket.

Thank you much! 🙂

Thanks for the welcome. It's been a while since I posted around here. 🙂

Message 5 of 6
hwalker

That's alright.

As to the width of the Mleader. It can be changed in the Properties menu. What happens if you change it to 0? The background should extend to the width of the longest line of text.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 6 of 6
msroble33
in reply to: hwalker

It was already AT zero, which is what stumped me. Two mleaders, same style, etc, etc... both had "width factors" of zero, because that was the default and I never changed it.

Then all of a sudden, one did that and the other one didn't. I think it's going to remain a great mystery as to what caused this hiccup, but at least I got a remedy for it.

Oh, and tampering with widths on mleaders is much more difficult than tampering with widths on mtext. At least with mtext, you grip and drag and you can physically SEE the text shifting around to accomodate the new widths on the fly. With mleaders, you have to change it in the Properties Box, see what the result is, then if you don't like it, rinse repeat until it works. Add this to the wishlist for later versions on AutoCAD. 🙂 This is something that could be done better in the future.

However, it could already be there, my company is still using 2011 for now, with plans to go to 2014 soon. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost