AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

cmine14
Message 1 of 5 (1,786 Views)

Missing Quick Access Toolbar - COMPLETELY!

1786 Views, 4 Replies
11-21-2011 07:49 AM
Hello, Right now I am completely missing my quick access toolbar and can't use the product because of it. In addition to make matters worse my computer is saying that my CUI file has been lost and can't be reloaded. Please help I have so much work to do and can't do any of it without the quick access toolbar. Thanks!
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 5 (1,774 Views)

Re: Missing Quick Access Toolbar - COMPLETELY!

11-21-2011 11:08 AM in reply to: cmine14

Hi,

>> In addition to make matters worse my computer is saying that my CUI file has been lost and can't be reloaded

That seems for me as your primary problem, not seeing the quick access toolbar is a result that the CUIX-file could not be loaded.

You can scan your user-directory for a file called ACAD.BAK.CUIX, if you find one then you should also have a file called ACAD.CUIX in the same directory .... move (and backup so) the ACAD.CUIX to any other directory, then backup also your ACAD.BAK.CUIX and than rename it to ACAD.CUIX.

Restart AutoCAD .... that was chance one

If you need a chance two, and you have not modified to much in the ACAD.CUIX you can copy the file ACAD.CUIX from a directory "<InstallationDir of AutoCAD>\UserDataCache\Support" to the directory, where you found the CUIX-files in the previous step (also before doing any copy ==> backup your files first!)

Third chance necessary?

Look >>>here<<< for secondary installer, that describes how to reset the state of your Windows-profile to make AutoCAD thinking you are a first-use user ==> all user-specific data will be re-initialized (be careful ... the link points to the solution for 2010, not for 2012, you have to check for your release-numbers)

Need more chances?

....would be a repair install of AutoCAD, but I think the prev. steps should give you a way to be able to work.

Good luck, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
cmine14
Message 3 of 5 (1,770 Views)

11-21-2011 11:40 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA
Thank you so much for all this detailed help! However I have one question ( this is really simple, sorry) how do I get to the user directory within the program because at this time it is telling me I have no files and is not letting me open anything. Sorry, but I am extremely new to this.
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 5 (1,767 Views)

11-21-2011 11:49 AM in reply to: cmine14

Hi,

>> because at this time it is telling me I have no files and is not letting me open anything

Could you make a screenshot of this message and upload it?

>> how do I get to the user directory

What operating system and what language do you have?

One way will be to start the Windows-Explorer and into the adress-field input this:

%homepath%

followed by <ENTER>

Than you are in you home-directory, the structure of this directory depends on OS.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
cmine14
Message 5 of 5 (1,764 Views)

11-21-2011 12:29 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA
THANK YOU SO MUCH! After a few tries I was able to press and option that allowed me to reset. Thus being said my quick access toolbar has been restored. Thank you for you time and patience!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.