Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing default linetypes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
321 Views, 3 Replies

Missing default linetypes

I am a recent hire with a government entity and I'm sure my question is not limited to AutoCAD but rather any program with default files that are referenced. The networked desktop they have provided has AutoCAD 2012 already loaded.  However, it appears to be missing or lost the links to some basic items that I believe come with AutoCAD when it is installed.  There are no default linetypes to load, no default ctb files (i.e. monochrome.ctb), or default plotters (i.e.DWG to PDF.pc3.)  There are probably other items missing I just haven't discovered them yet.  I need to let our technology department know they are missing but I'm not sure what these files/items are called.  Are these plug-ins or support files?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
drjohn
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I am a recent hire with a government entity and I'm sure my question is not limited to AutoCAD but rather any program with default files that are referenced. The networked desktop they have provided has AutoCAD 2012 already loaded.  However, it appears to be missing or lost the links to some basic items that I believe come with AutoCAD when it is installed.  There are no default linetypes to load, no default ctb files (i.e. monochrome.ctb), or default plotters (i.e.DWG to PDF.pc3.)  There are probably other items missing I just haven't discovered them yet.  I need to let our technology department know they are missing but I'm not sure what these files/items are called.  Are these plug-ins or support files?

One of the easiest ways to solve your issue may be to get your IT guys to do a repair install thru the Windows Control Panel. ADD/REMOVE > AutoCAD > Click on that and select repair instead of remove (assuming AutoCAD is actually installed).

That will repair or replace any corrupt files and add any missing files.

If you have customizations you may want to move them to a safe place and put them back after the repair.

You may need the media and serial and activation code for this exersize. Then again, you may need to re-activate it thru ADESK.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 4
doni49

@Anonymous wrote:

The files you've listed would be SUPPORT files.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 4
rkmcswain

I doubt these files are missing, but rather your support file search path, printer support paths, etc. are misconfigured, the locations to which they are pointing is not available, or something similar.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost