Did you mean: 

Mirrored dimension text when plotted to PDF

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
taralis
3924 Views, 5 Replies

Mirrored dimension text when plotted to PDF

Same drawing (attached) with identical settings printed on one PC using DWG to PDF - creates this:

pc1.png

on another PC this:

pc2.png

So, some angle and aligned length dimensions are mirrored.

PDF previewed with Adobe Reader and Foxit PDF reader.

File is created and printed in 2010 LT, hence no UCS rotation, text style and print settings unaltered.

Any ideas?

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dmfrazier
in reply to: taralis

"So, some angle and aligned length dimensions are mirrored."

They are actually not "mirrored", the numerals are "reversed".  Strange.

Message 3 of 6
taralis
in reply to: dmfrazier

@dmfrazier Thnx.

My bad, they are reversed, number sequence mirrored.
Message 4 of 6
jggerth

Opened in Map3d 2011, and received a warning about newer objects. in the drawing.  So apparently at some point a vertical from 2012 or later touched something in that drawing.  You might want to try using TrueView and converting it to a lower version, and see if that resolves the problem,

FWIW _ I couldn't duplicate the text reversal, and nothing else leaps out at me as causing it.

Message 5 of 6
dmfrazier

I didn't mean to be critical, just wanted to clarify.

When I plot the DWG (AutoCAD 2010) using DWG to PDF.pc3, and then view the PDF with Adobe Reader X, I get an error message regarding the font ArialMT:

AdobeReader_FontErrorMsg.png

Rather than reversed numerals, I get "dots" in the angular dims only:

example-skardos-Model.png

Clearly, this is due to a missing font, so I doubt my issue is "the same" as yours, but it might provide a clue.

Despite the angular dims, all of the linear dims printed correctly for me.

One thing I did discover is that it looks like the "reversed" dims were created "right-to-left", while those printing correctly were created left-to-right. (This is based on which extension line is #1 and which is #2, not on the "text view direction" property.)  This might provide an explanation of sorts, and a potential work-around, but it is not a solution, as clearly it should not work this way.

Another thing to try - change the settings in the DWG to PDF.pc3 (or whichever pc3 you're using) to "Capture All" fonts, and maybe try checking the "as geometry" option as well:

DWG to PDF Properties.PNG

Message 6 of 6
taralis
in reply to: dmfrazier

@dmfrazier Thank you. It helped.
Now it's at least readable, though not searchable due to inferior pdf, but it's a solution.

For everyone else - it's all about fonts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost