AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

wwalker
Message 11 of 24 (631 Views)

Re: mirror multileader

07-23-2009 06:35 AM in reply to: wwalker
OK ,,,,,,,,,,,,, after much trial and error my partner and I have found the problem. I did not want to have the land automatically attached to the leader so I set the land to "0". This is the culprit. The land CANNOT be set to "0" and mirror the multileader. I set the land to 1/16" (the smallest unit) and everything works fine now.

Someone asked "Why would I want to mirror?". We draw as shown and opposite hand (right and left) pieces all the time. Once an as shown piece is draw it only takes a few minutes to mirror it for the opposite hand. Sometimes the opposite hand piece needs to be modified.

Mirroring also saves time on symmetrical drawings.

I hope this helps ,,,,,,,,,,,
Active Contributor
mt1083
Message 12 of 24 (631 Views)

07-24-2009 07:10 AM in reply to: wwalker
Well I did as you suggested and changed the landing size and that worked both for rotation and mirroring. Thanks for the help!
Active Contributor
mt1083
Message 13 of 24 (631 Views)

07-24-2009 07:16 AM in reply to: wwalker
Here is a dwg of an example of what mine is doing if you still want to look at it...
Distinguished Contributor
dxarhoulakos
Message 14 of 24 (631 Views)

07-24-2009 01:13 PM in reply to: wwalker
why are you mirroring a mutlileader? why dont you just drag it to the other side, and it will flip around automatically.
Mentor
balisteor
Message 15 of 24 (632 Views)

07-27-2009 02:24 PM in reply to: wwalker
Someone Already asked that question

wwalker responded:
Someone asked "Why would I want to mirror?". We draw as shown and opposite hand (right and left) pieces all the time. Once an as shown piece is draw it only takes a few minutes to mirror it for the opposite hand. Sometimes the opposite hand piece needs to be modified.
Mirroring also saves time on symmetrical drawings.
Employee
cmiller66
Message 16 of 24 (632 Views)

07-27-2009 03:12 PM in reply to: wwalker
Thanks, I was able to reproduce the problem. One workaround I did notice was that if you grip edit the mirrored mleader's text location, even slightly, the justification of the text will be reset correctly. Thanks again for the drawing.

Chris
wwalker
Message 17 of 24 (632 Views)

07-27-2009 06:43 PM in reply to: wwalker
cmiller66 ,,,,,,,,,,, refer back to my original question. A screen shot of the problem was attached. This should clarify.

You made a comment in this thread that you had reproduced one of the others problem and suggested a "work-around". All to often this is the case when a question is posed instead of actually solving the problem. We don't need more things to remember such as "work-arounds". There is too much to remember now. Production is why we are all using autocad instead of pencil and paper. Autodesk needs to re-think their priorities for this program. We really don't need more "bells and whistles", We need a program that is simple, quick and productive. Go to the other thread which is asking about ribbons and read their comments. Why would anyone think that 3-clicks is more productive than 1-click of the mouse? Now a comment about updating to a new version of autocad. Autodesk should spend more time making this seemless. We all spend way too much time getting custom menus, etc. working again. Instead of being an upgrade it is more like starting with a new program each year. Autodesk needs to get back to the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) method. This is not a personal attack. Simplicity,not complexity, should sell.

My response to the question about why I would mirror a multileader ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, why not mirror a multileader? Why would I mirror an object and copy the multileaders and then drag them where I want them. Just draw them one time and mirror everything. It's all about speed, efficiency and production. Let's not forget ,,,,,,,,,,,, Time is money!

wwalker
Active Contributor
mt1083
Message 18 of 24 (632 Views)

07-28-2009 01:01 PM in reply to: wwalker
Yeah I realized that moving the text will fix it. However it is just really annoying to have to do if ;i have more than one or 2 to fix...especially isnce it should work right with first time. I'm just a lazy bum... haha
Employee
cmiller66
Message 19 of 24 (632 Views)

07-28-2009 06:28 PM in reply to: wwalker
Hi wwalker,
Thanks for your input. I did see your original posting, but have yet to reproduce it from scratch with an mleader containing a landing (as shown in the doc attached to the OP). I was able to reproduce the other user's problem using his dwg (no landing) though. Can you attach the dwg you used for that initial screen capture? Is this a brand new drawing created from scratch in 2010? Is the dwt being used to create it from the default 2010 install or from an earlier release? Many of these problems can result from just a certain combination of settings, font, sysvars, etc.

Thanks,
Chris
Active Contributor
mt1083
Message 20 of 24 (632 Views)

07-29-2009 11:59 AM in reply to: wwalker
I actually just tried to start from a blank dwt for 2010 and even just using the "Standard" leader style it still gives me the same issue. If I uncheck all the landing settings, it starts the problems with rotation and mirroring.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.