Active Contributor
esfransen
Message 1 of 9 (276 Views)
Accepted Solution

MIgration, customization or legacy issue

276 Views, 8 Replies
12-01-2011 04:54 PM

Hey All,

I have upgraded to 2012 and seem to have lost some functionality.  In the keyboard shortcuts I have SHIFT+E to run the endp osnap.  This woked in 2010 and earlier.  What happens is that I start the line command and tehn press SHIFT+E and get an E on the command line then I press it again and the original E stays and the endp shows up (Eendp) and cancels the command.  I looked inthe CUI for any other SHIFT+E combinations that may be taking precedance but cannot find one.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks Dean.  I know how to use the key combinations.  Used them sucessfully in 2010 even with a migrated file. Hold the SHIFT+E combo get near the end point watch the green box appear and click.  My new install on a new machine does not work this way.  It merely prints the captial E to the command line.  The sysvar that controls this is set for 1.

Additionally the alt+underscored letter for the drop down menus drops down the menu but when the next underscored letter is hit the command only highlights and does not execute. It takes an additional enter to execute - something that I thought I had broken in 2010 on an old machine so I lived with it but on a new install with no migration, this key combination ought to work - unless they changed it.

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 9 (267 Views)

Re: MIgration, customization or legacy issue

12-02-2011 07:02 AM in reply to: esfransen

There was something funny about the combination of shift+a key.

It does make a difference with Left Shift key  and Right Shift key.

Active Contributor
esfransen
Message 3 of 9 (261 Views)

12-02-2011 09:27 AM in reply to: esfransen

Thanks Patchy.  I learned on Ellen Finkelstein's website that SHIFT+E and SHIFT+P are the same.  One for left hand the other for righties.  In either case the key combinations just print their respective letters on the command line.  In the migrated file that supposedly copied my working SHIFT+ keys from 2010 in some cases if I press the same combination in sucession it will print after the first letter the macro that I assigned to the combination then kick out of the command.  In the fresh install on a new machine I just get the capital letter.

Autodesk?

Eric

Product Support
VinodBalasubramanian
Message 4 of 9 (247 Views)

12-04-2011 09:03 PM in reply to: esfransen

Was your customized keys working with 2010 correctly. If so you can export the CUI file again from 2010 and import it into AutoCAD 2012 and reset the new CUI as the current. You could also try REINIT the acad.pgp file to make sure your shortcut keys are working properly.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
Active Contributor
esfransen
Message 5 of 9 (246 Views)

12-04-2011 09:43 PM in reply to: esfransen

Thanks for your reply. It does work in 2010.  I magrated to 2012.  I can try the replace the cui trick.

Additionally I thought my customization broke something else in 2010 but I notice the same behavior in new install of 2012 on a new machine.  When I  press alt+m it brings up the modification menu then I press m again (the underlined letter) for the matchprop command and it used to issue the command.  Now it only highlights the command in the menu and I have to hit the enter key to select it.  My muscle memory is not adjusting well :smileyhappy: Is there a reason for this inconvenience?  Is there aystem varible that I can set to change it to work as anticapated?Thanks,

Eric

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 6 of 9 (231 Views)

12-05-2011 05:10 AM in reply to: esfransen

So you have confirmed the SHIFT+E in your CUI is set to ENDPOINT? Works fine here on first use, not what you describe as a malfunctioning shift-key.

I will assume you know how to use temp override keys too: holding them down until they active and then you click (they activate when being held down, not simply by taping that key combo).

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Active Contributor
esfransen
Message 7 of 9 (222 Views)

12-05-2011 10:34 AM in reply to: esfransen

Thanks Dean.  I know how to use the key combinations.  Used them sucessfully in 2010 even with a migrated file. Hold the SHIFT+E combo get near the end point watch the green box appear and click.  My new install on a new machine does not work this way.  It merely prints the captial E to the command line.  The sysvar that controls this is set for 1.

Additionally the alt+underscored letter for the drop down menus drops down the menu but when the next underscored letter is hit the command only highlights and does not execute. It takes an additional enter to execute - something that I thought I had broken in 2010 on an old machine so I lived with it but on a new install with no migration, this key combination ought to work - unless they changed it.

Active Contributor
esfransen
Message 8 of 9 (205 Views)

12-05-2011 04:05 PM in reply to: esfransen

Case resolved.  I had been using my custom temporary override keys (composed in keyboard short cut keys)  that I missed the subtle difference between the shortcut keys and the tempoverride keys.  In my custom setuo it was hold shift+ press and release E.  In the tempoverride setup it is press and hold E key.  I presses and released and pressed so it printed the EEE's to the command line. 

ThIs is my worst case of operator error that I have experienced. A little humble pie for the Christmas Season is not such a bad thing :smileyhappy:

Thanks for everyone's input.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 9 of 9 (197 Views)

12-05-2011 07:00 PM in reply to: esfransen

As always, your follow up resolving the issue for you is very much appreciated and will hopefully help others.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.