Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measure distance command does not work

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nanookthepuppy
5748 Views, 4 Replies

measure distance command does not work

I started to use AutoCad 2012 for student (my pc is windows vista business 32bit, service pack 2) .  And I had a hard time installing it. I am not sure it is because of that but every time I open AutoCad, I see the sign says " the drawing file eing opened was not created by a product from an Autodesk Education suite."  If you save this drawing, it will always be plotted with the follwing plot stamp: PRODUCED BY AN AUTODESK EDUCATIONAL PRODUCT it is recommended that you save this drawing with different file name.""

I don't really understand what this means.

I also have problem with using measure (distance). the line does not appear. My teacher said there should be. so, maybe broken?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: nanookthepuppy

The plot stamp warning is exactly what it says. When you plot, it will include a plot stamp because this is a STUDENT version. Your instructor knows about this, it's no big deal.

Regarding your usage of the DIST (or MEASUREGEOM) command. What line are you talking about? The line that shows up when you pick the two points?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 5
Civilsmith15
in reply to: rkmcswain

I don't know about there being a line between the points but my command doesn't work at all.  I just installed AutoCAD15LT on my computer and I can't get the command to work.  It seems to lwt you pick your points but it just resets and doesn't give you a distance.  Any ideas as to what that could be??

Message 4 of 5
Patchy
in reply to: Civilsmith15

Commands

DIST

Measures the distance and angle between two points

DISTANCE

Stores the distance computed by the DIST command

Go to:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/Aut...

and make DIST a command for measurement.

Message 5 of 5
drjohn
in reply to: Civilsmith15

@Civilsmith15 wrote:

I don't know about there being a line between the points but my command doesn't work at all.  I just installed AutoCAD15LT on my computer and I can't get the command to work.  It seems to lwt you pick your points but it just resets and doesn't give you a distance.  Any ideas as to what that could be??

A shot in the dark ... how many command lines are exposed? 1, 2, 3 ??.  Have you tried pressing F2 to see the text screen of ACAD and check the last prompt lines that you cannot see on the command line window?

FWIW

Regards,

DJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost