AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

CantileverInteriors
Message 1 of 3 (338 Views)

MATERIALATTACH and publish to PDF Problems

338 Views, 2 Replies
10-29-2012 02:31 PM

G'day,

I have a strange scenario here where the MATERIALATTACH command functions beautifully on my screen and even renders fine as an image,  but as soon as I publish to PDF, any material that was attached by layer and not applied manually is rendered pixelated.

Interestingly, any material that was applied manually with the click of the mouse is perfect.

It obviously defeats the purpose of MATERIALATTACH if you need to apply materials manually anyway. Is this a problem with my PDF printer settings or a CAD setting?

Can anyone explain this?

Mentor
DSM_dude
Message 2 of 3 (207 Views)

Re: MATERIALATTACH and publish to PDF Problems

11-07-2012 09:43 AM in reply to: CantileverInteriors

You have to select the "Shade Plot" type in your plot settings.

See the image I attached.

Cad Blog:
http://geauxcad.wordpress.com/
CantileverInteriors
Message 3 of 3 (197 Views)

Re: MATERIALATTACH and publish to PDF Problems

11-07-2012 12:42 PM in reply to: CantileverInteriors

Thanks for your reply.

We've definitely got the viewport set to shade as 'rendered'. As I suggested in the original post, it will render any material attached manually perfectly, but any material attached by layer is pixelated.

Have a look at my attachment.

The set of blocks on the left were attached via the MATERIALATTACH command.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!