Match orientation to model space view?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
TomCat88
3570 Views, 2 Replies

Match orientation to model space view?

Hello,

I'm working with a base drawing in AutoCAD 2010 that is xref-ed by several sheet drawings. These drawings contain layout viewports of the base drawing (and others) at different DVIEW twist angles.

I have a few blocks in the base drawing that I've edited to "match orientation to layout". They appear correctly (horizontal) in the layout viewports in paper space. However, they maintain their inserted orientation if I rotate my view in model space... so if I use DVIEW in model space to work at an alternate view, the blocks may appear upside down - which is annoying to read and may not represent what's going on in paper space.

Any way to get the blocks to "match orientation to view"?

Thanks,

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: TomCat88

Hi,

>> I've edited to "match orientation to layout" [...]

>> if I rotate my view in model space

As you wrote: the setting is called "match orientation to layout" ... so block-insertions can only be automatically rotated when a layout is active, that does not work when you are working in modelspace.

Look also to the help >>>here<<< that says:

Match Block Orientation to Layout: Specifies that the orientation of the block references in paper space viewports matches the orientation of the layout. This option is unavailable if the Annotative option is cleared.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
jggerth
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Your answer may be to work thrpough the viewport.  douible click on the viewport border, or use the VPMAX command while in the viewport.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost