AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

xescota
Message 1 of 1 (71 Views)

Manage views - Delimitors planes

71 Views, 0 Replies
08-09-2012 11:28 PM

Hi everybody,

Could anybody just tell me how do Frontal and rear delimitor planes work (in the 'Manage views' menu)? I have been trying for a while and I am not able to find out what's the point. For example, (in AutoCAd or AutoCAD MEchanical) assume that I've got the camera at (x,y,z)=(0,0,1) and is pointing to (x,y,z)=(0,0,0). Also assume that we draw 3 lines:

1. Horizontal line on the plano z=-0.50 (line 1)
  2. Horizontal line on the plane z=0 (line 2)
  3. Horizontal line on the plane z=0.50 (line 3)

What's going to happen if I set 'rear plane' at -0.25? Line 1 will dissapear. It works!

What's going to happen if I set 'rear plane' at -0.45? Line 1 will dissapear. It works!

What's going to happen if I set 'rear plane' at -0.50? Line 1 will appear. It works!

What's going to happen if I set 'frontal plane' at -0.1? Should line 2 and 3 dissapear? It doesn't work!

What's going to happen if I set 'frontal plane' at 0.0? Should line 3 dissapear? It doesn't work!

What's going to happen if I set 'frontal plane' at 0.25? Should line 3 dissapear? It doesn't work!

What am I doing wrong? I would really appreciate your help.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.