Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro to Create Layers and Place Text in the Layers

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
507 Views, 6 Replies

Macro to Create Layers and Place Text in the Layers

We use AutoCad to name our dxf files for our Burn Table and whenever we get a new part it is a repetitive task to input layers and common text.  So what I am curious is can AutoCAD input the layers and text automatically using a Macro?  Thank you for your help.

I want the Macro to put in 6 layers and choose the layer color and title then input text boxes with word in 3 different layers.  There will be about a total of 10 different text boxes with text already put in the boxes by the Macro.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

If you just insert a template or a wblock with those layers it would probably work and no need a macro.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

With what you said how do I make it so that when I open a dxf file it automatically opens the template background in AutoCAD or lets me choose what template I want in the background?  Thank you for your help.

Message 4 of 7
Patchy

DDINSERT command and find the drawing that already have layers and texts that you used before.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you Patchy this is getting closer to what I want.  Is there anyway to put these in without them coming in as a block?  Other then that it is perfect I just do not know how our Burn Software will read in the block.  It is worth a shot to try it tomorrow but it will be different then all the files that we just updated and I would like to keep all formats the same if we can.

Message 6 of 7
Patchy

It always comes in as a block, use EXPLODE command on the block.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you.  Now I have all the steps.  This will save us a ton of time whenever we get new parts in.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost