AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

LuthersBoots
Message 1 of 3 (256 Views)

MAC or PC to learn....

256 Views, 2 Replies
01-23-2013 08:52 AM

Evening everyone. My first post here so I want to start off on the right foot.

I am just about to commence learning AutoCad. I am going to run through the Lyndacom AutoCad DVD Tutorials and I am also going to enrol in a City & Guild accredited course.

I am an avid MAC user and all the computers in my office and house are Macs.

I know that there now are MAC versions of AutoCad and I was excited to see them.

HOWEVER

The Lynda.com DVD and no doubt my upcoming course will be using the windows platform.

What I want to know is should I Bootcamp my MAC PRO (late 2008) to run windows?

Or can I get away with using a proprietary fix such as Paralels for mac e.t.c

Or even pick up a CHEEEAP second hand windows desktop and install purely for the purposes of CAD?

How hardware intensive is the software in it's 2d form?

I hope that someone can assist and point me in the right direction this early in my career.

Regards

LB

*Pro
ampster
Message 2 of 3 (218 Views)

Re: MAC or PC to learn....

01-24-2013 06:49 AM in reply to: LuthersBoots

you might have better luck with your questions over in the AutoCAD for Mac forum;

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/bd-p/520

hth

*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 3 of 3 (214 Views)

Re: MAC or PC to learn....

01-24-2013 06:57 AM in reply to: LuthersBoots

Be aware the the OSX version of AutoCAD is lacking some of thefunctionality of the Wintel version.  If you want to avoid puchasing a Wintel PC, Bootcamp or Parallels  are said to be viable options for runnin AutoCAD on an Apple computer. 

Regardless of 2d or 3d, AutoCAD is a huge program, and 'cheap pc' are never going to be happy environments to work with it in.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.