Contributor
Oliver_C87
Message 1 of 9 (672 Views)
Accepted Solution

LTSCALE PLEASE HELP!

672 Views, 8 Replies
04-27-2012 07:57 PM

Hi All

I know this question has probably been asked before but what is the recommend Ltscale?

Im setting up a drawing template and have had some trouble with the dashed line sizes.

Could some one please let me know my options.

Thank you

Recommended:  "1".  Be sure also you make sure that MSLTSCALE and PSLTSCALE are also set to "1". 

Dave

There is a way to create content on specified layers without going to the pull down and selecting a layer, and that would be to pull objects off a tool palette.  This idea involves creating objects and then dragging them onto a tool palette.  Once there you can edit their properties to include names (Walls, Doors, Waterlines, etc) and the layers they go on.  When you pull them off the palette to use them they automatically go on the layer they're supposed to whether that layer already exists in your drawing or not.

I use this idea with blocks mostly, but I do have line tools there also with just this idea.  It's very handy.

Dave.

*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 2 of 9 (649 Views)

Re: LTSCALE PLEASE HELP!

04-28-2012 06:41 PM in reply to: Oliver_C87

Recommended:  "1".  Be sure also you make sure that MSLTSCALE and PSLTSCALE are also set to "1". 

Dave

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Contributor
Oliver_C87
Message 3 of 9 (631 Views)

04-30-2012 01:19 AM in reply to: heinsite

Thank you for responding dave. It is much appreciated.

Have set up your own template file also out of interest?

Another question I have that you might be able to helo with is, are we able to set up Layer shortcuts?? To assign say the number keys with common layers that we use all the time? Rather than pulling the layer manager list down and selecting the layer???

Thanks again.

*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 4 of 9 (627 Views)

04-30-2012 03:27 AM in reply to: Oliver_C87

I'm not familiar with your layer shortcuts idea.  But the real power of creating template files is something worth learning.  You can build them (and revise them as you need to) to contain all of the content that you regularly want to use.  Think of this as creating a standard that you or your company always wants to use on every project.  The things that I keep in my standard templates include;

Layers

Text styles

Dimensioning styles

Multi-leader styles

Table styles

Layout title blocks

Units

Custom fields (dwgprops)

Scales lists

... and probably a few more things I've forgotten.  The key is to keep adjusting and refining your templates until they don't need any more improvements.  Over time you'll update them less and less, but your work will become more and more consistent.

Good luck!  It's kind of a fun process.

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.
*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 5 of 9 (623 Views)

04-30-2012 03:37 AM in reply to: Oliver_C87

There is a way to create content on specified layers without going to the pull down and selecting a layer, and that would be to pull objects off a tool palette.  This idea involves creating objects and then dragging them onto a tool palette.  Once there you can edit their properties to include names (Walls, Doors, Waterlines, etc) and the layers they go on.  When you pull them off the palette to use them they automatically go on the layer they're supposed to whether that layer already exists in your drawing or not.

I use this idea with blocks mostly, but I do have line tools there also with just this idea.  It's very handy.

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.
Contributor
Oliver_C87
Message 6 of 9 (617 Views)

04-30-2012 03:46 AM in reply to: heinsite

Thanks for your comments Dave.

What do you do if you don't mind me asking?

*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 7 of 9 (606 Views)

04-30-2012 10:55 AM in reply to: Oliver_C87

I am a registered civil engineer, and Hawaii District Engineer for the State of Hawaii Airports Division on the Big Island of Hawaii.

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.
Mentor
ArchD
Message 8 of 9 (565 Views)

05-04-2012 10:39 AM in reply to: heinsite

I use a lisp routine from Timothy Spangler called Layer Creator. It takes some setting up to do, you have to tell a file, or multiple files if you want different layer sets, then just run the command and pick the layers you want and it will import them in for you. Nice lisp, check it out.

Archie Dodge

Civil 3D 2013
Windows 7 64-bit
Xeon E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70 GHz
Nvidia Quadro K4000
32.0 GB RAM
Distinguished Contributor
Kazo
Message 9 of 9 (536 Views)

05-07-2012 08:19 PM in reply to: heinsite

I love :heart: Hawaii...it is my favorite place ....only been there once...2 years ago for 9 days......im coming back! 

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.