Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of line color

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
nsims
353 Views, 6 Replies

Loss of line color

I have one drawing that is loosing the line color when the drawing is opened. I start up AutoCAD and it shows the lines the correct colors. Then as the drawing is still opening it regenerates automatically and before I can put in a command the lines have changed to a grey color. When I try to print the drawing the lines are barely there. Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
doni49
in reply to: nsims

Can you post a couple screenshots of this behavior?  Preferrably one showing the lines the right way (you said they look right when you first open the file) and then another when they're NOT right.

Also -- is this only happening on one file?

EDIT:  Does this happen on other computers?  If another user logs in on this same computer, does this happen to them as well?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

start command _PAGESETUP (==> modify the current layout), and take a look to the plot style table (upper right corner in the dialog).

There it might be a monochrome or similar CTB or STB assigned ... and ... the checkbox "display plot styles" might be active.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 7
nsims
in reply to: doni49

I found out the drawing was created from another drawing instead of from my template. I have transfered all the data to my template and it is working fine. I would still like to slove this because the person used this same drawing for a couple different projects. The problem happens no matter if we use different computers or log in as different users on a computer. At first you could shut the computer down to restart and the drawing would be correct about every 3rd attempt. I will attach a drawing as it should be and another as has been appearing. Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I will attach a drawing as it should be and another as has been appearing

Waiting then for attachment 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 7
nsims
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Sorry I am still learning this site. I thought I attached it but something happened.

Message 7 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

how big is your dwg file? Here's a limit of 5MB, if your file is bigger than that then do a upload at any free servers like dropbox or so.

You might also try to first zip the drawing file and upload then the ZIP file.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost