AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Andy_McDonald
Message 1 of 2 (190 Views)

List Box inside of Tables ?

190 Views, 1 Replies
02-24-2010 05:03 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to have a list box within a cell or cells within a table ?

I am constantly using tables to produce plan of development tables which have repeating information.
If there was a way to have a list box inside a table then I could just click and select and no more typing.

Also, the ability to link a list box to another.
Eg. If I choose a specific house type in say column 1, then column 2 would automatically display the correct GFA for that selection.

If it can't be done.......then lets get this on a wish list. !

Thanks in advance.
*Expert Elite*
PaulMunford
Message 2 of 2 (190 Views)

Re: List Box inside of Tables ?

02-24-2010 11:47 PM in reply to: Andy_McDonald
There is no support for list boxes inside Autocad that I am aware of (...Of course, It would be interesting to be proved wrong!...).

If you are useing 2009 or newer you can easily get a bi-directional link with an excel spreadsheet. So one workaround would be to link an Excel file to your autocad file, and do all your edits to the excel file instead. The table in Autocad will update itself automatically.
The CAD Setter Out Blog @CadSetterOut

Inventor Surfacing | AutoCAD | CAD Standards

Please use the Mark Solutions! Accept as Solution or Give Kudos! Kudos functions - Thank you!
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.