Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetype troubles - I have never seen this before.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
575 Views, 4 Replies

Linetype troubles - I have never seen this before.

Hey CAD guru's!

I am in need of your assistance. I have tried everything I know to match these line types but cannot come up with why it wont work. all the scales (LT, MS etc) are the same, dwg's are the same scale etc... but for whatever reason it just wont work.

I am trying to match the "Cat 5e" linetype in dwg "Z" with the correct line type of "cat 5e" in the "A" dwg. they are the same "linetype" but their appearance is different.

it is infuriating me, please help me figure out how to match the correct "A" cat 5e linetype to dwg "Z"!

I have been in CAD for many years and have never had this issue before.

Thanks team!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Type in:

-DWGUNITS

They are not the same unit

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hey Patchy, thanks for the response, that doesnt seem to fix my problem though, unless I am just completely useless LOL.

Message 4 of 5
Patchy

Because the letter for linetype 5e is romans, they are different size in each drawing which made it to display different.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Are these linetypes created my your office or someone else? You may need to check the font style used to create the linetype text. For example if Standard is used with the txt.shx font when it is set up and the Standard is used with a different shx font in a drawing. It will comeout different. If these files where created by your office you may want to post the linetype code used to see what is going on. HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost