AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
kissy10
Message 1 of 5 (431 Views)

Line weights . . .

431 Views, 4 Replies
10-02-2012 08:28 AM

The line weights in the xref are as they should be - I can change the line weight (plot by layer/color) and it plots correctly;  when I attached this file to another drawing, the line weights do not plot.  I can change the layer color to modify the weight (.ctb file) and the correct line weight appears on the monitor, but when I plot - the line weight looks like a standard default width.

I checked the lwdefault in the xref and three other drawings, and in every drawing it is set to '25'; the lines are lines (not plines), and have a zero elevation.  The units are the same as the other drawings;

I believe it's a setting in the drawing (not the xref) - but I have no idea what setting it might be.

Any suggestions??

*Expert Elite*
dbroad
Message 2 of 5 (400 Views)

Re: Line weights . . .

10-03-2012 05:53 AM in reply to: kissy10

kissy10 wrote:

The line weights in the xref are as they should be - I can change the line weight (plot by layer/color) and it plots correctly;  when I attached this file to another drawing, the line weights do not plot.  I can change the layer color to modify the weight (.ctb file) and the correct line weight appears on the monitor, but when I plot - the line weight looks like a standard default width.

Check the plot style table in the target drawing.  That will affect the lineweights of xrefs. You might also disable visretain temporarily and reload the drawing and then re-enable visretain.  This allows the layer settings to migrate from xref to target.

Active Contributor
jfengineering
Message 3 of 5 (143 Views)

02-06-2014 03:08 PM in reply to: kissy10

I am running into the same issue with a specific file.  When working within the base design file the lineweight for a specific layer (water line) displays and plots correctly.  However, when that base drawing is XREF'd into another file (for the exhibit sheet) the water line does not plot using the given lineweights.  I have changed the lineweight for the layer in the base, saved the drawing and reloaded it with no change.  When I xref the base file into a new sheet drawing I get the same results.  There are no viewport overides.  I have tried turning off visretain and reloading the XREF with no luck.

One interesting thing I have noticed is that when I first open the sheet drawing file, the lineweight displays correctly.  As soon as I regen the sheet drawing the lineweight disappears.  (Screen captures attached.  Water line is horizontal and blue.)  Another file is also XREF'd into this sheet and has linework on the same layer (water line).  The second XREF line displays and plots correctly (vertical blue line on the left).

Line weights displayed.jpg

After the regen the sheet drawing looks like this:

Line weights not displayed.jpg

JF Engineering, PLLC
Civil3D, 2104
Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87
Intel i7-4770K, 3.50 GHz
16 GB RAM
2x HP2311x Monitors
*Expert Elite*
Jay_B
Message 4 of 5 (134 Views)

02-06-2014 05:57 PM in reply to: jfengineering
I see you're working in Civil 3d. What object type is the Water line with the weight issue?
Jay

C3D 2014 SP2
Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Active Contributor
jfengineering
Message 5 of 5 (123 Views)

02-07-2014 07:46 AM in reply to: Jay_B

The lines are polylines, with no width.  Although I have tested it with both new lines and polylines and it seems to be layer specific.

JF Engineering, PLLC
Civil3D, 2104
Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87
Intel i7-4770K, 3.50 GHz
16 GB RAM
2x HP2311x Monitors
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.