AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

GMasis001
Message 1 of 4 (522 Views)

Line weight problems after plotting to PDF.

522 Views, 3 Replies
10-24-2011 12:17 AM

Hello, so I am having problems with my lineweights after ploting my drawings to a PDF. I was never having this problem before and on other files, the plotiing seems to work properly, but on this specific drawing file, its not working.

The problem is that everytime I plot and I scale my lines wieghts, I lose them on the PDF. I check the "Scale Lineweight" box after ploting and then open the file as a PDF preview and all my line weights are gone and everything is just the default line weight. If I don't scale the lineweights and I don't check the box, then the lines weights are all too thick and extremely distorted. 

I am using:

.60 for cutlines

.30 for forelines

.25 for midlines

and .15 for hidden.

They are the lineweights that I have used before and they worked properly, but now its just not working... :smileysad: Any help? Perhaps a specific setting on my file is off a bit? Suggestions or any info needed? Thanks. :smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (515 Views)

Re: Line weight problems after plotting to PDF.

10-24-2011 06:28 AM in reply to: GMasis001

>>>...but on this specific drawing file, its not working...<<<

Why not just fix this one file: INSERT it into a working template file after you AUDIT/PURGE and QSAVE it and all should be good.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
GMasis001
Message 3 of 4 (501 Views)

10-24-2011 12:31 PM in reply to: pendean

Can you please elaborate on that? I am not too tech savy sooo... Can you kinda guide me through what you mean? What will this do?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 4 (498 Views)

10-24-2011 01:00 PM in reply to: GMasis001

I assume you can start a new file and have no issues, correct? If the answer is yes, start a new file, the use INSERT command and insert the problem file into it, explode it, recreate the layouts ONLY from other files that work (assuming you do not plot from modelspace of course). SAVEAS command and you now have a replacement to the problem file that works just fine. Test and confirm.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!