Line weight - external dxf

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1534 Views, 6 Replies

Line weight - external dxf

Hi everyone,

I'm new at this forum and I also don't have many experiences on Autocad. For my studies as an urban planner I have to construct a cityplan. For this I should use some existing borders. I get this bordes out of a (own) GIS solution (.dxf). Now when I try to work with this file with Autocad 2010lt I am not able to change the lineweight of all lines (polylines, arcs ...). But I can change the Typ. If I draw a new line in the same layer, the new lines get the propertys of the layer, the existing ones not. I don't understand why it doesn't work. Maybe there are some major problems.

Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks a lot

Leander

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> If I draw a new line in the same layer, the new lines get the propertys of the layer, the existing ones not.

Entities show color/lineweight/linetype of the layer only when their object'property is set to "byLayer".

When a line is assigned to layer "RED" (layer-color is set to red), but the line is shown in green then the line has the color set to "green" and not to "byLayer".

What you can do now for your existing objects: select them all, and in the property window change their color and lineweight and linetype to "byLayer".

As long as that are no block-insertions this should work.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred,

thanks for your answer, but I allready tried every thing like this. So all options with byLayer or the other direct ones. I have the feeling all lines in this projects are not realy lines or there is something damaged. If I look at the propertys everything is polyline but it looks like there are no interior lines inside the linecontour ( maybe there existing just the hatching). If i draw a new line, and I select them, there is some kind of interior line.

The option with "show  lineweight" is also knowen.

Thanks if someone can help me. I can also upload the .dxf file.

Message 4 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> have the feeling all lines in this projects are not realy lines or there is something damaged

Then please upload the drawing (or at least a reduced set of the drawing with some of the objects not showing lineweights).

BTW: do you speak about polylines and have they set a polyline-width?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hmm I'm not realy sure.

Maybe this example shows, what I mean. Hopefully this problem is not to stupid.

Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

How are you using the word "lineweight"? Your "lines" all have actual thicknesses assigned to them, and if your intent is to manipulate these with plotting you can't use plot style tables.
If your intent is to change them physically, PROPERTIES pop-up palette seems to do a good job of it here (Global Width in your file is set to 0.175 and higher for example).
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Very Thanks 🙂 As I told, I'm not that expirenced, but the global width was my mistake. I changed this now, and I'm happy. By the way, is there a parameter in some global settings to change ist? I done it now, by selecting everything and change it by polyline in the pop up setting menu. 

Anyway, thanks a lot. (y)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost