Did you mean: 

levels on autocad

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nathanhunt
1165 Views, 1 Reply

levels on autocad

hi

I am trying to set up a drawing to show the levels of a plot that i am working on.  I have imported the strings with x y and z coordinates but when i orbit around the drawing it is flat.  How do i set it up so that when i orbit around it shows the differences in levels visually?  The plot contains many batters and ponds so there is a big difference in the levels.

Cheers 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

>> I have imported the strings with x y and z coordinates

Sorry to not understand that, how do you import "STRINGS" or what are "STRINGS" for you (maybe it's me just not understanding the word in that context)?

If you have geometry objects on different elevations (Z-coordinates) you might see them in different "heights" when using orbit.

If you want to create geometry on different elevations you can set the UCS to the z-value for the specific level you want to work and draw your level-specific geometry.

If you have a vertical product like AutoCAD Architecture or MEP you will find predefined functions for level-handling.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost