Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader text attachment results in leader through text

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
radinplaid
2746 Views, 9 Replies

Leader text attachment results in leader through text

Ok, I'm sure there is a very simple way to fix this that I just haven't yet discovered. When I insert a stacked dimension in the top line of my leader text, the spacing gets automatically adjusted for the hight of the stacked dimension and it adjusts the leader line up so that it actually passes through my top line. Can this be avoided? I have attached a picture for reference.

Capture2.JPG

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: radinplaid

If you look closely, your stacked height is taller than the rest of the letter and numbers: perhaps changin that fraction size from the default 70% to 50% might help (highlight the fraction, right-click, select STACK Properties, and change the size down from 70% until you get what you need). You'll always get that otherwise when you add a fraction in Mleaders, it's annoying but seems to require manual editing.

Message 3 of 10
radinplaid
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:

If you look closely, your stacked height is taller than the rest of the letter and numbers: perhaps changin that fraction size from the default 70% to 50% might help (highlight the fraction, right-click, select STACK Properties, and change the size down from 70% until you get what you need). You'll always get that otherwise when you add a fraction in Mleaders, it's annoying but seems to require manual editing.

Thanks for the suggestion; I hadn't considered that. The problem for me with that option is that the fraction height is determined by company standards and so I don't think I can change it without it being caught/changed in the checking process.

Message 4 of 10
pendean

Hence the dilemma: live with a program's limitation or ask permission to nudge the fraction down. You all decide: latter looks better than what AutoCAD is offering.
Message 5 of 10
jggerth1
in reply to: pendean

bring this to the attenion of the 'standards arbitrator',  it looks 'bad', so they may be amenable to a change.  alternatively, unstack the fraction, e.g. 1/4

Also, use the 'contact us' link at the top of the page and report it to autodesk as a 'feature' to be fixed.

Message 6 of 10

Are you kidding?  Manual adjustment to EVERY LINE?  NO NO NO NO.  I understand that you'd want to be present and comment, but please only do so when you have an actual solution--this is clearly not a "Normal" situation.  Leader lines are not supposed to extent thru text.  I can't imagine why it's even possible.  But that's AutoCAD aka the worst program on the market.

Message 7 of 10
william.spier

So I think I solved this problem. Select the leader with text and go to the Properties, look under the Text panel/palette for "Left Attachment" and  "Right Attachment" options. If the leader attaches on the right side of the text like in the screenshot included here, then play with the "Right Attachment" options until you get the leader line out of the text and looking the way you want it. If the leader attaches on the left of the text block, then play with the "Left Attachment" options. 

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 10
john.vellek
in reply to: william.spier

Hi @william.spier,

This is the same way I get the leader to terminate properly. Thanks for the contribution.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 9 of 10
maya.sleiman

Select your leader, go to Properties, under the text palette switch 'line space style' from 'at least' to 'Exactly', that seemed to fix it for me 🙂 .

Message 10 of 10
cwr-pae

Try the old fashioned Qleader (le) with a mtext 'Annotation Type'. Under attachment set it 'Underline Bottom Line.' For more lines other special cases you can adjust the leader relative to the text as required on each leader object. Play with the settings till you get closest to what you want.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost