Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

layereval-layernotify

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
whitney_jeff
274 Views, 4 Replies

layereval-layernotify

What triggers the layereval to invoke layernotify?  I would like to use it in a script to either reconcile new layers or skip.

BTW - I am amazed at the number of people that do not use this handy tool - our clients are constantly adding new layers, some of which we don't need to show in our drawings.  I think it is grand to have layernotify so that you can easily find and correct these layers.  Of course, it is a pain at the same time, but I think the benefits far outweigh the aggravation.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: whitney_jeff

New Layer(s) in the file (or Xref) is the trigger.
What is it you are trying to automate exactly? Are you trying to predict ahead of time?
Message 3 of 5
steve216586

"I am amazed at the number of people that do not use this handy tool"

There are too many users out there who can't even create a new layer let alone manage other users' layer protocol. I have users who use the Layer Properties tab instead of changing layers. They use the same layer for everything and "sometimes" change colors.

For those types, they probably never even heard of the command nor know what it does.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 4 of 5
whitney_jeff
in reply to: pendean

Dean, I want to run a script using the "E" option of -layer to reconcile the layers. But if there are no new layers, the script bombs. I wondered if there were something in the tables that triggers the notification so that I could write a while or if in a lisp routine in order to skip the layer reconcile and continue with the rest of the script or batch.

In other words, how do you discover if there are new layers?
Message 5 of 5
pendean

The folks in the customization forums may be able to help you with your programming needs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost