AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

LegoArchitect
Message 1 of 3 (230 Views)

Layer States

230 Views, 2 Replies
10-20-2011 09:57 AM

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for all the help you have give me on my previous posts, it is greatly appreciated.

I am not that familiar with Layer States and how you can save them... or change them for that matter.

In the dwg i am currently working on, someone has created a Layer that has all the info on it... But when i click on the Layer Pull-Down menu, i am only able to see the one layer that everything is saved to...

Is there a way i can see all the layers when i click on the Layer Pull-Down menu?

Or is there a better way to navigate between different layers?

I look forward to any help you can give me.

Cheers

Steve
*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 3 (222 Views)

Re: Layer States

10-20-2011 10:30 AM in reply to: LegoArchitect

Think of layer state as a restore point.

Some layers Off, some On, Colors, Linetypes.......save it with a name

then have some more Layers, different colors,   etc........         save it with another name.

Very usefull when you have a project in many phases (Demo, new, addition....)

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 3 of 3 (204 Views)

Re: Layer States

10-20-2011 12:06 PM in reply to: LegoArchitect

Go into the layer manager and pick All to show all layers, exit.  Now try the layer pull down you refered to.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.