AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

LegoArchitect
Message 1 of 3 (233 Views)

Layer States

233 Views, 2 Replies
10-20-2011 09:57 AM

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for all the help you have give me on my previous posts, it is greatly appreciated.

I am not that familiar with Layer States and how you can save them... or change them for that matter.

In the dwg i am currently working on, someone has created a Layer that has all the info on it... But when i click on the Layer Pull-Down menu, i am only able to see the one layer that everything is saved to...

Is there a way i can see all the layers when i click on the Layer Pull-Down menu?

Or is there a better way to navigate between different layers?

I look forward to any help you can give me.

Cheers

Steve
*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 3 (225 Views)

Re: Layer States

10-20-2011 10:30 AM in reply to: LegoArchitect

Think of layer state as a restore point.

Some layers Off, some On, Colors, Linetypes.......save it with a name

then have some more Layers, different colors,   etc........         save it with another name.

Very usefull when you have a project in many phases (Demo, new, addition....)

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 3 of 3 (207 Views)

Re: Layer States

10-20-2011 12:06 PM in reply to: LegoArchitect

Go into the layer manager and pick All to show all layers, exit.  Now try the layer pull down you refered to.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!