Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer States Manager

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
225 Views, 3 Replies

Layer States Manager

I have a drawing with all of the layers on that are in the drawing.  I save this "layer state as "all layers on".  I then freeze the approprite layers that I want off and create another layer state called "space plan".  I then go into paper space and create a viewport.  I then step into that viewport and choose "space plan" from the layer states manager.  I get the view that I want.  I then go back into model space and would expect to see that "all layers on" layer state is active but the "space plan" layer state is active instead.  It is like the layer state does not stay to its propper tab.

Is there a setting that I am missing so that the layer states will stay to the appropiate paper and or model tab?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You set two LAYERSTATEs in modelspace, ALL (first) and an SP (last). You then activate the second (last) of them in paperspace inside a viewport (which is modelspace), but expect the ALL (first) to be somehow active in modelspace? Is that a good explanation of the rpoblem?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I might  be having an issue with the explaination of my issue...

Whatever layerstate that I choose for the viewport is the layer state that shows in model space.  And vise versa.  The layer state does not "stick" in the viewport.  I want the layerstate of "space plan" to stay in the viewport, so that when I go back into model space, I can work on the details with all of the layers on.

Thanks for the response.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost