AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

*Expert Elite*
MarySeufert
Message 21 of 28 (424 Views)

Re: Layer Properties Manager - The Saga Continues

08-16-2012 11:08 AM in reply to: SugarCAD

Please read the last line of my previous post. Words matter here, if things are left out, they are open to interpretation. The way you presented your pictures did not indicate to me that you were closing the session between each pic reopening and seeing the settings retained, my reading of your posts indicated that you only closed between LPM3 and LPM4, showing the results of doing so. Which would of course verify the OPs beef. It seemed pretty funny that you were giving him 'evidence' after claiming the problem doesn't exist. Bygones - agreed.

Again, I can not replicate the OP's frustrations and gave a description of how I use the LPM, which works correctly and does not as a palette have an 'OK' button. :smileysurprised:

~ Mary

SugarCAD
Message 22 of 28 (414 Views)

08-16-2012 12:21 PM in reply to: MarySeufert

It appears that way because you can only upload 3 images per post, I had to break it into 2 posts. It should be obvious they are all different.

I have no idea who employed you to interpret my posts.

SugarCAD wrote:

"I made change close AutoCAD and reopened, the changes stay."

Mentor
SugarCAD
Message 23 of 28 (412 Views)

08-16-2012 12:22 PM in reply to: SugarCAD

Never mind

Adios.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

AWTWater
Message 24 of 28 (397 Views)

08-16-2012 01:40 PM in reply to: SugarCAD

Is it any wonder people don't get involved when people take to hurling abuse instead of engaging in sensible discussion.

And I'll go and engage in adult conversation on a different forum where people are happy to discuss things in a more constructive manner.

Thanks for your valuable assistance.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

*Expert Elite*
dbroad
Message 25 of 28 (363 Views)

08-16-2012 04:43 PM in reply to: AWTWater

It seems like most of the posters on this thread were trying to offer honest "adult" help, perhaps unwisely in response to the orginal rant.  

If only we had the gift to see ourselves as others see us.  Consider which posts had to be edited e.g.

michael
Message 26 of 28 (314 Views)

08-22-2012 03:59 PM in reply to: MarySeufert

The level of frustration is the issue here... Given that this is an AutoDesk forum, perhaps they (Autodesk) should participate in constructive ways. As asn aside and given the Autodesk is a US company, one would hold that it adheres to the part of your constitustion that gaurrantees free speach. Clearly not...!

So, here you have a company that is one of the biggest player (in fact THE biggest player) in the CAD market not allowing critical comment on they product or participating constructively to address known issues.

I've been using Acad since v12 and am well versed in putting the wheels back on and uninstalling and reinstalling the engine, dashboard and rear seats just to make it work at the most minimal level of functionality. And everyone seems to thinks that's OK.... Drrrrrrrr.

Would you put up with this it it happened to the new car you just bought?

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

DarlaAbbott7894
Message 27 of 28 (235 Views)

11-14-2012 06:55 AM in reply to: AWTWater

I am just a user that wants the LPM settings to stay set from one session to the next...I don't think that is too much to ask.

I don't have the resources to reinstall my operating system just to "see if it works".

We had another user install a new video card to be compliant with '13 when he was just fine with '11, and then found out he had uninstall all CAD, and then eventually reinstall his OS, and then still couldn't  get the product to work correctly.    Because of this, he lost a lot of production time and still doesn't have his CAD working like it should.

Autodesk needs to fix this and multiple other problems. Users out there need it to work correctly out of the box and play nice with other installed products on workstations, that are necessary for the multiple roles that CAD users play.

When someone has a 5-minute fix to this, I will try it. Until then, I will reset my settings when needed instead of losing "who knows how long" production time to "see if it works". 

Contributor
vince
Message 28 of 28 (97 Views)

10-21-2013 08:02 AM in reply to: AWTWater

My two cents says that a HUGE majority of issues are due to Autodesk's insistence on making AutoCAD backwards compatible with everything.  The programming is clunky and slow and uses way too many resources.  Way too many things going on in the background that creates the potential for crashes and problems.  It's time for a rebuild from the ground up.  I've suggested several times that they do just that, and then create a program that will convert old drawing files into the new format.  At this point, it would seem simpler to do that than continuing to make everything new work with everything old.  Just imagine how reliable, powerful and quick AutoCAD could be with new programming architecture!!  How workspaces and cui could actually be intuititve without complicated migration or setup procedures (there is NO reason a CUI shouldn't be a one button save/migration or that CUI shouln't be drag and drop right to the workspace).  Eliminating redundant redundancy (yes, I did that on purpose). The list goes on and on.  We can't get that because the programming is too difficult to work around all the compatability issues.

Time to start anew, Autodesk!!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.