LAYER MERGE

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
shavezkhan
1143 Views, 5 Replies

LAYER MERGE

I USING AUTOCAD-2014

IF WE MERGE SOME LAYER INTO ANY LAYER THAN AFTER MERGE THOSE OLD LAYER ALSO SHOWN

IS THERE ANYTHING THAT WE CAN DELETE THOSE LAYER IN ONE SHOT WHEN WE MERGE ANOTHER ONE

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

>> AFTER MERGE THOSE OLD LAYER ALSO SHOWN

Please upload a drawing and let us know which layer can't be merged.

The only thing I would understand is if the drawing containts proxy-objects because that objects can't be modified and so will not free up the resources they have on some layers.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6

Message 4 of 6

Hi,

which layers can't be merged?

Just to make sure as you have a lot of XRef's attached: layers from XRef's have to be merged in the XRef-drawng, can't be done here.

Additionally as you get shown in the dialog after starting the command: these other layer's as well:

2014-10-19 16-46-18.png

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 6

thanks lot sir &

plz suggest me in this drawing i have try my best to merge all layer into the named layer xref arch,but failed

i want to merge all layer besides o,deffpoint & locked layers

into 1 layer that is xref arch. i try but other layer not removing from this drawing ,so suggest me what is the reason sir

Message 6 of 6

Hi,

I'm not sure if that is as designed or a bug, but If you want to hold the locked layers it seems to be necessary to first unlock them, otherwise merging fails independet of the layers you selected.

So unlock then, then run the layer-merging (just don't select the locked layers) and after all you can relock the previously locked layers again.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost