Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest DWGs Listed

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
KLYPHY
289 Views, 13 Replies

Latest DWGs Listed

While I use Ribbons most of the time, being a slow learner, I also have the Classic Tabs above the Ribbons.

In the old File Tab, at the bottom were listed the latest used files.

I have been unable to find such a list in any Ribbon.

Does such a list exist?

In the past, the  FIle Tab had the lasted DWGs opened.

Now, I just find DSTs.

Is there a way to have just the DWGs listed?

Or at least have the lasted DWGs included?

Read Y'all Later -KLYPH

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
pendean
in reply to: KLYPHY

The list is under the big A, it's not in the Ribbon.

The Ribbon is just a toolbar, with tabs: Classic workspace or not there was never a list of drawings in any toolbar in the older versions either 🙂
Message 3 of 14
KLYPHY
in reply to: pendean

Thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks also for all the help you give others.

Read Ya Later -KLYPH

Message 4 of 14
KLYPHY

After reading your reply yesterday, I went to "Big Red A" and saw the latest drawing files listed.

This morning, there are no DWGs listed, only DSTs.

I don't even remember using any Sheet Set Manager anything yesterday.

What do you think happened?

I explored the different options to no avail.

Read Ya Later -KLYH

Message 5 of 14
pendean
Message 6 of 14
KLYPHY

AutoDESK has e-mailed me asking if my problem was solved.

Their e-mail was a "No Reply" and the only thing offered was to choose among all of your replies.

There is no option for "No, I didn't get an solution".

But the problem remains.

During the day, the Latest DWGS are lised,

But in the morning, only DSTs are listed.

Those are not useful to me.

Yes, the last reply sent me to some other site, but, I didn't see a clear answer.

The solution would be for AutoDESK to solve the problem.

The solution is not for me, a mere operator, not programmer, to come up with my own solution.

Message 7 of 14
KLYPHY

Let me make it clear why DSTs being listed is not what I need.

The Sheet Set Manager is a great idea.

One can open a sheet, without worrying which DWG file it is in.

But, there are many DWGS that do not have Layouts that are Sheets in the DST.

Floor Plans and Elevations are DWGs that are XREFERENCED into other DWGs that have the Layouts as Sheets.

This week, I'm working on Floor Plans, Exterior Elevations, & Builing Sections.

Again, these are XREFERENCED into DWGS, but do not have any Layouts that are sheets.

So, in the morning, I want to go to the lastest DWGs, not the latest DSTs.

I used to go to the "File" drop-down, and at the bottom, the lastest DWGs were listed.

I am told by you guys that I never was able to do that. I must remember wrong or I was in a different Universe at the time.

Now, only DSTs are listed there. Again, not what I'm looking for.

If I go to the "Windows" drop-down, only the DWGs opened since the starting of this AutoCAD session are listed.

So, there are three places for me to go, but none of them list the Latest DWGs.

Message 8 of 14
Jay_B

The RDM Tool referenced in the Link provided by Dean can be found in this thread.

All credit and thanks for providing this Recent documents tool go to Jeff_M.

I've used it many times when the recent doc's list becomes all *.DST and it works great.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 9 of 14
KLYPHY

On that site, there is mention of the Recent Documents Manager.

There is no such command or even mention of it in HELP.

Must not be a standard AutoCAD feature.

Again, not much help from AutoDESK.

Message 10 of 14
drjohn

@KLYPHY wrote:

Well, that's prolly cause Jeff_M coded it, not ADESK, so it is not referenced in HELP. Smiley Happy

That said, it doesn't remove the fact in your last line.

Regards,

DJ

Message 11 of 14
pendean

While we appreciate your frustrations, wishing for Autodesk to do anything by just posting in this forum doesn't really go anywhere or advance any cure. Search for the Bug Report and/or Features requests webpages at Autodesk to get noticed there.

It doesn't help either the something unique happens to your setup overnight that doesn't seem to happen here for anyone in my office.
Are you the only AutoCAD user? Do you have access to a cad manager or IT to help explain what goes in overnight? Are you running overnight processes on your PC or network?

3rd party fixes are your only options otherwise: only, as on its pointless looking at Autodesk.

Good luck.
Message 12 of 14
KLYPHY

Who marked this as solved?

I'm the one who posted the question and I certainly haven't seen an answer in any of the posts.

That site that was posted told me nothing, except someone can use something I don't have.

At least twice, AutoDESK has e-mailed me asking if it is solved, but with NO WAY to answer their question.

As for is mine a stand-alone computer, no, it's one of eleven networked together.

When we log out of AutoCAD in the evening, all the DWGs will not be listed in the morning. 

Message 13 of 14
Jay_B

@KLYPHY wrote:

This is a peer to peer forum consisting of All volunteers, (none of which get paid), trying to help each other out.

The Recent Documents Manager is the only solution to your issue I've seen and no it's not endorsed by Autodesk.

There may be other solutions out there but until Autodesk provides a fix to the issue, this is the best option I've found to clean up the Recent Documents List.

It's a very easy and painless program to use. I for one appreciate that a person like Jeff offers us a solution such as this free of charge because there's nothing currently in Autocad which addresses an issue.

Coming here and complaining even after someone shows you a free solution to a problem isn't going to accomplish much.

If you want to complain directly to Autodesk about the Product you can do so here:

If you did not mark a post as "Accept as Solution", then simply select "Not the Solution" and it will be removed.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 14 of 14
nestly2

KLYPHY wrote:

At least twice, AutoDESK has e-mailed me asking if it is solved, but with NO WAY to answer their question.

Hi KLYPHY,

The last time I got one of those notices, it was not from a "no reply" address, they may have changed it since then however.  Can you post a screenshot of the email (with sensitive/personal identification redacted)?

The fact that you got the email notification at all indicates that you're on Subscription, so you should be able to log into your Subscription page to see if there is a pending support case related to this topic..  If it is, you can add comments there and a Support tech will see them. If it's not already an open case in your Subscription account, you can create a new case and link to this topic.

Sorry to distract from your original issue. If you have trouble accessing your subscription center and/or have trouble finding your Support cases, feel free to PM me if you don't want to go further off topic in this thread.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost