Did you mean: 

Label Background Colour Civil/Map

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
788 Views, 2 Replies

Label Background Colour Civil/Map

Hello,

Someone send me a DWG file from Civil 3D with white background labels (please find attached the picture named "White Background") :
- How can you change this background colour with Civil 3D?
- I want use it in Map 3D but these labels have black backgrounds (that is unreadable in my file) : is it possible to get around this problem in order to conserve the white background labels from Civil 3D?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Sébastien

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
doni49
in reply to: Anonymous

You're in the (Vanilla) Acad forum and there's a special forum for C3D.  If the "labels" in question are Acad text (not C3D labels) then that makes sense.

Are you referring to C3D labels?  Or Acad text?

If you're talking about C3D labels, I don't see a way to change the BG color -- just turn BG on or off.

But since you say you're getting Black BG behind the text, I'll assume that you've found a way to specify color.

Anytime you have Color White ANYWHERE, it will plot as BLACK.  If you view that item in a layout tab in which the BG color is NOT BLACK, then EVERYTHING white will be shown as black.

If you want something to actually be white, then use color 255.  You'll need to make sure that it PLOTS as RGB color 255, 255, 255 as well (that will make it plot as WHITE).

EDIT:  A simple way of explaining it is that Color 7 (White) is a "Magic Color" in acad.  It plots as black and it shows up on screen as black as long as the BG color is ANYTHING OTHER THAN black.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 3
jggerth
in reply to: Anonymous

Since you don't have Civil3D - _they_ are going to have to send you a version with a labels tyle that does not have the background.

On your end, about all you can do is explode all the labels twice (once down to a block, and a second time to break the block down to text.)  the background will then be  SOLID entities (not a hatch) that you can select, erase, modify, or whatnot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost