AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

patrick.gadlin
Message 1 of 6 (8,126 Views)

kip 3000 wont install hdi driver

8126 Views, 5 Replies
06-02-2010 02:21 PM
I ran into a problem when trying to install the hdi driver from kip through the plotter manager upon completion of my autocad 2011 installation. After a few phone calls from my vendor, go to meeting session with Kip America and everyone scratching their heads we were left with a dilemma. When trying to add the printer we would get an error and the hdi driver would not install.

After lunch and a staff meeting a lightbulb lit up over my head. I then proceeded to copy the pc3 file from autocad 2010 to autocad 2011 in the plotters folder in the application data area. After I copied the pc3 file I then opened a drawing, and picked the print toolbar button. I would then get a message saying that "KIP ALL OTHER SYSTEMS.PC3: THIS PLOTTER CONFIGURATION CANNOT BE USED FOR ONE OF THESE REASONS: THE DRIVER CANNOT BE FOUND, THE DEVICE CANNOT BE FOUND, OR THE DRIVER HAS A PROBLEM. THE NONE PLOT DEVICE HAS BEEN SUBSTITUTED."

So I clicked on "ok".
The plot dialog bog appeared and I selected my ctb file, then selected the windows based kip printer. Not the one with pc3 as the extension and the kip print identification dialog box appeared. after I entered my information the drawing printed as normal. But you will have to do this each and every time. still working on it
*A+P
Message 2 of 6 (8,126 Views)

Re: kip 3000 wont install hdi driver

06-02-2010 02:56 PM in reply to: patrick.gadlin
So what happens if you use AutoCAD to Add a Systems printer and then select
the Windows based Kip printer?
Why do you need to use the hdi driver and not the Windows printer driver?

Paul

wrote in message
news:6401672@discussion.autodesk.com...
I ran into a problem when trying to install the hdi driver from kip through
the plotter manager upon completion of my autocad 2011 installation. After a
few phone calls from my vendor, go to meeting session with Kip America and
everyone scratching their heads we were left with a dilemma. When trying to
add the printer we would get an error and the hdi driver would not install.

After lunch and a staff meeting a lightbulb lit up over my head. I then
proceeded to copy the pc3 file from autocad 2010 to autocad 2011 in the
plotters folder in the application data area. After I copied the pc3 file I
then opened a drawing, and picked the print toolbar button. I would then get
a message saying that "KIP ALL OTHER SYSTEMS.PC3: THIS PLOTTER CONFIGURATION
CANNOT BE USED FOR ONE OF THESE REASONS: THE DRIVER CANNOT BE FOUND, THE
DEVICE CANNOT BE FOUND, OR THE DRIVER HAS A PROBLEM. THE NONE PLOT DEVICE
HAS BEEN SUBSTITUTED."

So I clicked on "ok".
The plot dialog bog appeared and I selected my ctb file, then selected the
windows based kip printer. Not the one with pc3 as the extension and the kip
print identification dialog box appeared. after I entered my information the
drawing printed as normal. But you will have to do this each and every time.
still working on it
PaulLimburg
Message 3 of 6 (8,115 Views)

06-06-2010 09:52 AM in reply to: patrick.gadlin

This error message usually means that you have the wrong driver file installed, kip10.hdi.  There are different files with the same name that are specific to each version of AutoCAD. For example, a ki10.hdi file iintended for AutoCAD 2010 won't work with 2011.  Check the properties of the kip10.hdi file in your AutoCAD 2011 "drv" folder. Check the "Details" tab.   "Product Version" should be 10.1.40.100 for AutoCAD 2011.  "File version" should be 4.x.0.0 for 32-bit system or 4.x.0.64 for 64-bit system.  (x is probably 12 in your case). If these are not correct, get the correct file from the Kip website. During installation, be sure you load the driver installation file kip.hif from the correct folder in the downloaded distribution.  I hope this helps.

Contributor
cadtex
Message 4 of 6 (7,931 Views)

07-26-2010 01:03 PM in reply to: PaulLimburg

Just installed Civil 3D 2011 64Bit on a new Windows 7 64bit os computer. Civil installation was no problem but installing the kip 3100 plotter driver has been a headache. I have full administrative permissions but when I go through Civil 3d and try to install the AutoCad Driver for it I get an Access Denied Error. I have copied the drivers to my C: drive and off our server  at work with no luck from either place. I am choosing the correct file for Civil 3D 2011 WIndows 7 64 bit AutoCad driver but I cannot access the file. Don't know if it's a Win 7 issue, a kip driver issue, or a civil 3d 2011 issue. Very frustrating. 

Contributor
cadtex
Message 5 of 6 (7,851 Views)

08-03-2010 02:21 PM in reply to: patrick.gadlin

Just got new computers at work with Windows 7 64 bit OS, AutoCad Civil 3D 2011, and we are using a KIP 3100 plotter for cad plotting. Took me a while and all kinds of research to to install the KIP plotter and it's AutoCad Drivers on Windows 7 but I got it to work. I too had the "Access Denied" message from Windows 7 when trying to access the plotter driver. But the following links should make that a non-issue.

Kipamerica website has just recently updated their site for Kip Plotter Windows and Autocad driver installation instructions that are very helpful and explain step by step on how to add the KIP0 port for the windows driver and the Autocad drivers. Wish I had those Windows 7 installation instructions before.

First go to

http://www.kipamerica.com/software_downloads.asp?sid=5

Download the KIP Windows Driver, the Operator Guide PDF for OS systems other than Windows 7, or the Windows 7 Windows Driver installation depending on your pc setup.

Also scroll down the page and download the KIP Autocad driver file which has the Cad drivers from AutoCad2007 to AutoCad 2011 32bit & 64bit

Download the KIP AutoCad Operator's Guide installation for AutoCad drivers installation instructions found under the manuals tab or copy this link

http://www.kipamerica.com/software/manuals/KIP%20AutoCad%20Operators%20Guide%207.1%20V1.pdf

Make sure to place & extract your driver files to a known location for later access.

Follow the instructions on those guides and you should not have problems. Make sure you have administrator rights or you are logged in as administrator.

Install KIPO port first according to the Windows Driver guide then you can install your AutoCad Drivers.

If you have a problem adding the KIP0 port on WINDOWS 7 then do the following:

Go to START,

CONTROL PANEL,

ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS,

double click PRINT MANAGEMENT,

hit the arrow next to PRINT SERVERS or double click it,

your <computer name> should appear beneath it,

click on arrow next to <computer name>,

right click on ports,

click on ADD PORT,

click on NEW PORT TYPE,

when dialog box appears browse to location where you saved and extracted your driver files for Windows 7 and select the .inf file.

Then select OPEN and select OK

You should now have a KIP Monitor under the available port types

Select Kip Monitor port then select new port to configure it or click

cancel and select the KIP0 port and right click to configure it according to the windows driver guide.

I installed Kip Request before installing the autocad drivers within autocad. Instructions are found in the installation guide.

I am being brief here but instructions are explained in more detail within the guides.

Hopefully this helps.

Contributor
modeleader
Message 6 of 6 (120 Views)

07-30-2014 01:52 PM in reply to: cadtex

kip 7100 won't install, "ACCESS DENIED"

need the .pc3 driver for a number of reasons.  biggest for me is the pdf won't print 24x36 landscape so everyone i send a pdf to out of autocad will have to tilt their heads - very bad for business in my opinion.

not sure why.  about to uninstall and re-install autocad lt 2015.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.