I have a few AutoCAD 2010 users, including myself, who are experiencing a slow command response time when moving multiple objects in paper space. It seems to be about a 5-10 second delay from the time you select a second point to move the object to and the object actually moving. Has anyone else experienced this and if so have you figured out a solution? I have already updated my graphics card driver hoping that would help but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I understand that AutoCAD 2010 lags for about 5-10 seconds before an object will move.
There are a few things that could cause this kind of issue, and I’d be happy to help you with it, but I’ll need some more information in order to start troubleshooting. Please answer the following questions:
1. Has the process worked correctly before? If so, when did the issue start?
2. Does this happen in all drawings? What about a new one from a stock template?
3. Are the drawings stored on the local system or on a network folder?
4. Is this affecting multiple workstations? If so, how many?
5. Have you noticed this delay with any other commands?
6. Which operating system is this on?
Please let me know your answers and we’ll get started.
Here are a few tests we can run to continue troubleshooting:
1. If the issue only occurs when page setups are applied, try creating a new one and applying that to a drawing.
2. Try copying all of the objects from a drawing into a new one from a stock template.
3. Update your video card drivers. This can be done by running the 3DCONFIG command and clicking the Update button.
Please let me know how this goes for you or if you have any questions.
Thanks again for the update. I have found a solution to the "Move" issue. Turns out that having the "Display plot styles" check box checked in the Page Setup manager was the reason. When have the check box unchecked the objects moved without any issues.