Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invisible, unselectable viewport (all layers on)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kiarianc
2407 Views, 3 Replies

Invisible, unselectable viewport (all layers on)

AutoCAD Map 2011

Driving me crazy. One viewport. Unable to select grips/polyline/viewport so I can delete, move alter in any way.

All layers on, purged, audited, regen all. Read a few other similar queries, but so far nothing has helped. Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: kiarianc

Hi,

what happens when you are in layerspace of that layout and press <CTRL><A> (for "select all").

Or start command _QSELECT and use viewport/all as options?

Also you can start command _AUDIT to repair the drawings database.

And last but not least, if you copy the layout, do you then get the viewport selectable?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
kiarianc
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Very strange. I've just CTRL-A and viewport was still invisible. Pressed ESC to unselect all, and the viewport layer appears (under the viewport layer it was on, and what all the other viewports were on). I can now delete it.

This is after an hour or so of trying to figure this out. I still don't know what's going on with it. It was on the same layer as the other vports but was invisible and unselectable. Weird.

Thanks for the reply. I did try all of this beforehand. For some reason it's decided to appear!? 

Message 4 of 4
doni49
in reply to: kiarianc

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?47036-Invisible-viewport

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost