AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Mentor
JohnHolder
Message 1 of 9 (2,066 Views)
Accepted Solution

Inventor Fusion 2012

2066 Views, 8 Replies
03-26-2011 09:31 AM

How do I reverse the mouse wheel so it zooms the same as autocad 2012?  right now it's opposite, and that's a bit frustrating.

John.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.

In AutoCAD type the command zoomwheel and set to 1.
This will make AutoCAD match other CAD program logic where rolling the mouse wheel away from you moves the object away from you and rolling the wheel towards you moves the on-screen object to you.
Will take about 10 minutes to get used to this logical movement.

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 2 of 9 (2,047 Views)

Re: Inventor Fusion 2012

03-26-2011 01:44 PM in reply to: JohnHolder

In AutoCAD type the command zoomwheel and set to 1.
This will make AutoCAD match other CAD program logic where rolling the mouse wheel away from you moves the object away from you and rolling the wheel towards you moves the on-screen object to you.
Will take about 10 minutes to get used to this logical movement.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015-SP1 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Valued Mentor
JohnHolder
Message 3 of 9 (2,045 Views)

03-26-2011 01:53 PM in reply to: JDMather

ok that works.  yeah it's opposite than what I am use to, but since everything will be the same, it won't take long to get use to.

Thanks

John.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
Master Yoda.
*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 4 of 9 (2,025 Views)

03-26-2011 06:49 PM in reply to: JDMather

JD, thanks for the answer to that, but is there a way to make Fusion conform to AutoCAD?

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
Valued Mentor
JohnHolder
Message 5 of 9 (1,956 Views)

03-28-2011 10:44 AM in reply to: tcorey

Dug a bit more, there is no way to change how inventor fusion deals with the mouse wheel at the moment.

Master Yoda.
Distinguished Contributor
Orest_iy
Message 6 of 9 (1,219 Views)

07-02-2011 06:59 AM in reply to: JDMather

I guess it goanna work when AutoCAD was used just for a short while.. I mean 10 minutes training..

Do not understad the guys inventing the both AutoCAD and other products in the same company and make this tiny but big inconviniece.

somehow Mercedy ond other automakers are making right hand drive cars for England and Japan and not forcing them to get used to drive on the left..

Orest

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 7 of 9 (1,183 Views)

07-04-2011 05:02 AM in reply to: Orest_iy

Orest_iy wrote:

I guess it goanna work when AutoCAD was used just for a short while.. I mean 10 minutes training..

Do not understad the guys inventing the both AutoCAD and other products in the same company and make this tiny but big inconviniece.

There must be a language barrier here - I don't understand your response.
I use AutoCAD (and other CAD programs) 10 years before Inventor Fusion ever existed.

When I referred to other products - I was referring to non-Autodesk products like SolidWorks and Pro/E.  These programs (and Inventor) use a more logical approach to zooming the mimics real world behavior.  Takes about 10 minutes to get used to this more logical movement in AutoCAD when you make the change suggested.  Especially when you use multiple CAD programs.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015-SP1 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Distinguished Contributor
Orest_iy
Message 8 of 9 (1,140 Views)

07-05-2011 08:03 AM in reply to: JDMather

My both kids for example use left hand to write and I do not force them to use the right hand as I know it might be more appropriate for the "mimic of the real world behavior."..

When I started using Inventor three years ago I spent more than 10 magic minutes until I finally find where it switches back to AutoCAD way of zooming. Actually it was a week or so.

So I guess it is up to the person the 10 minutes exercise will treat the 10 year AutoCAD experience. I started with AutoCAD 14 in 2000.

I do use both AutoCAD Mechanical and Inventor now and happy with the way of zooming and not happy with Fusion way of zooming which I use quite occasionally.

sorry for language, ... it is not my native one

Regards,

Orest Yavtushenko

Chief Designer

HOLOGRAPHY Ltd

*Pro
nestly
Message 9 of 9 (1,131 Views)

07-05-2011 11:14 AM in reply to: JDMather

By what "logic" does it make more sense to zoom out when the mouse wheel is rolled forward?

That is counter-intuitive, as recognized by pretty much all other productivity and gaming software that makes use of the mouse wheel.

The Fusion developement team should spend 10 minute changing the code (or adding an option to allow "normal" wheel behaviour), rather than expecting to change millions of AutoCAD users, much less an entire planet full of mouse users.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.