Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intell HD4000 and AutoCad 2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
richlars
616 Views, 3 Replies

Intell HD4000 and AutoCad 2011

I hope this has not been asked a million times, I searched but found very little.  I am using AutaCAD Mechanical 2011 running in vanilla mode + Raster Design 2011.  Nothing special, no 3D or anything.  I am looking into a laptop to use as an OCASIONAL getaway from my office.  It will NOT be my main workstation so I don't need a full blown mega machine.  I have been concidering this one....

ASUS X75A DS51 - Core i5 3230M / 2.6 GHz - Windows 8 64-bit - 8 GB RAM - 750 GB HDD - DVD-Writer - 17.3" wide 1600 x 900 / HD+ - Intel HD Graphics 4000

I will of course have to reformat to Windows 7, but my main concern is will the HD4000 be sufficient for my graphics needs?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: richlars

It's fine for casual use.
Message 3 of 4
braudpat
in reply to: pendean

Hello from France

+1 with Pendean for the graphic chipset !

BUT BUT AutoCAD 2011 is not supported on Window 8.0 !

I am almost sure that you will not be able to install and/or to run !!

You need at leat AutoCAD 2013 + SP2 (or AutoCAD 2014) to get official support from Autodesk on Windows 8.0 ...

AND please don't consider Windows 8.1 because NO AutoCAD (even 2014 + SP1) is supported on Windows 8.1

Sorry for these News ...

On Windows 8.0/8.1 you must run a Virtual Windows (Win XP Pro SP3 on a VMWare for example)

to install/run ACAD 2010/2011/2012 without problem !

Happy New Year, Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: richlars

The OP can buy a third party tool called LONGBOW to make it work if needed: seems to work for everyone else with old software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost