Did you mean: 

Installation error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mero31
200 Views, 2 Replies

Installation error

Hi,

I am trying to install AutoCAD 2012 student version on my hp and I just can't seem to do it. I download and run the product but it keeps coming up with the message 'Installation complete. Some products failed to install' and by some products it means all the products. I tried virtual assistant but there it says the above message might indicate an issue with Microsoft C++ . But my log file doesn't say that. it has this; Do I need to Isatall .NET framework Runtime 4? if so how do I go about doing it? Thank you.

=== Setup started ===
Launch
PageOpen LaunchDialog  
PageOpen LicenseDialog  
PageOpen ProductInfoDialog  
PageOpen ProductSelectionDialog2  
PageOpen FullProgressDialog  
Installing .NET Framework Runtime 4.0: C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_2012_English_Win_32bit\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe /q
Install .NET Framework Runtime 4.0 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603
PageOpen InstallCompleteDialog  
=== Setup ended ===

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: mero31

Hi,

>> Do I need to Isatall .NET framework Runtime 4?

The AutoCAD installer seems to not have enough permissions to do it for you, so to install Framework manually and then run the AutoCAD installer again might help.

You find within your installation media this file:

...\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

Locate it using your Windows Explorer, then right click onto it and use the context menu option "start as administrator".

It that passed successfully let Windows search for updates and install then.

After that you can go back to your AutoCAD setup.exe and start that also as admin.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
mero31
in reply to: mero31

Thanks Alfred. I tried to install net frame 4 manually and got an error message saying there is an advanced version already installed. So O deleted net frame 4.5.1 and then tried autoCAD and it worked. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost