Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info sheet in Autocad

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
keithwins
249 Views, 1 Reply

Info sheet in Autocad

I am helping in the development of an info sheet that will be included in drawing sets. Think of it as a full page in whatever size the set is being prepared in (though there's enough content that it will only be readable at about Arch/Ansi D and above). The blank "form" is given to the design team as DWG, who then fill it out with specific information (in this particular case, it is to document building code compliance). It is expected to be useful/used by the design team, plan reviewers, and inspectors.

The first version of this has been created in AC 2012 in model space, using lines, hatches & SHX fonts. I have been somewhat peripherally involved thus far, and I am an utter novice in AC.

Questions: for general circulation and future flexibility, do TrueType fonts have an advantage over SHX, or vice-versa? How important is this?

Should this be created in Model space, or paper space?

Is there a better way to do this (i.e., give them a pdf, or a text file and some kind of xref'ed doc, etc).

I'm attaching a working copy. I've swapped out a few headings with TrueType fonts. Haven't set up the paper space much (is that the same as creating layouts?). Any and all critique/suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Keith

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: keithwins

1. TrueType fonts do have an advantage over SHX in AutoCAD 2017. (particularly when using the PDFIMPORT command) because it will recognize it as text instead of a drawing object.

2. Drawing in Model space is better if you decide to use it as a reference.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost