Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a Layout With the Model view

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ratman720
136 Views, 1 Reply

Importing a Layout With the Model view

I am currently in the process of setting up a template for my company for us to use with our drawings. the drawings are 3D but have some parts that are frequently used.  In general we have 9 layouts that we need with one called swipe box. The swipe box is a block that is inserted into each drawing at various points depending on dimensions etc. However the swipe box has a specific design so in its layout tab we have three viewports of the model appropriately annotated (front, Back, and a side view)

I am looking to have that layout tab complete as part of the template. Unfortunately I am unaware of a means to do this without having the block visible in model space.  I have tried creating the swipe box in its own .DWG file and importing the layout, but because the swipe box isn't in the model it doesnt show up in the imported viewports.  I have tried having the block in model space in its own layer and then simply turning the layer off but then its not visible in the viewports. Any advice?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
steve216586
in reply to: ratman720

Why don't you want the model in Modelspace? I typically place a non-plottable "rectangle" around objects in modelspace which are not to be included in a layout so users don't create other objects over it or near it. 

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost