Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not purge Text style

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
malmattos
749 Views, 3 Replies

I can not purge Text style

First sorry for my bad english, because I'm using an online translator.

I have a series of drawings in the company who have a plethora of text styles. Due to the large amount autocad locks the entire command.
I would like to find a way to drain these styles which are apparently attached to the drawing.

Have deletes everything that was in one of them trying to find out the source of the styles of texts, but they do not leave the drawing.
I appreciate if anyone knows how to do.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
doni49
in reply to: malmattos

If a text style is in use anywhere in the file, it can't be purged. 

• Do you have any blocks in the file?  Does 1 (or more) of these blocks have text that uses the styles?
  • Do you have any text placed in the file using the styles?
  • Do you have any dimensions placed in the file using the styles?
  • Is this Vanilla AutoCAD?  Or one of the verticals such as Civil 3D?  Civil 3D for example has label styles that are in the file even if you don't have any elements placed -- if they use these text styles, the text styles can't be purged.

EDIT:  You'll be please to know that the English translated just fine.  🙂

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 4
pendean

If you can search the Internet for a freeware called TXTMRG which allows you to merge text styles in a file together. That way you don't risk losing anything.
Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

you have not only a lot of textstyles, you also have a lot of linetypes, Try the DGNPurge utility (>>>from here<<<) and hopefully that is a help.

I tried it with your drawing, after DGNPURGE and then a normal _PURGE the filesize was reduced to 43kB (using AutoCAD 2014)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost