Did you mean: 

How to use -Insert

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Jason-Cad-123
512 Views, 4 Replies

How to use -Insert

I am trying to write a script and I need some help.

I need to inset a block using -insert. Then i need to specify a file path and then the block name.

File path: svr\access\test\revision

Block name

P2.scr

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Jason-Cad-123

What do you type at the command line after you type -INSERT? Scripts are just that, what you can type and get to work at the commandline.
Message 3 of 5
doni49
in reply to: Jason-Cad-123

As Dean said, a script contains the same thing you'd enter at the command line.  The simplest way to get what you need is to open notepad and acad.  Then do the first one manually and start entering the info into acad -- start with -insert.  Then everytime you press enter, type the same exact thing in notepad (every time you hit enter in acad, that belongs on a new line in notepad).  Then after you're done with the first one, you should be able to save and use your script file.

After that, if you still have issues, come back and ask.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: doni49

Hello

You have written ---> File path: svr\access\test\revision

It could be --> File path: \\svr\access\test\revision

if \\srv is the hostname of your Server !?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

-insert C:/svr/access/test/revision/p2 0,0 1 1 0 Assumptions: the file is on your C drive, if not use the correct one. The block is named P2, if not substitute for the correct one. Insertion point is 0,0, scale of X and Y is 1, rotation is 0.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost