Did you mean: 

How to remove 3d wall without affecting other wall

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2727 Views, 4 Replies

How to remove 3d wall without affecting other wall

Hello guys,

Can you please help me, this is my 3 days of using autocad 2012 3d. I have a basic knowledge in 2d. Attached is the drawing that I am working on. When you open 2.jpg  - I want to remove that wall including the window but theres a message appeared that this is 3d solid. When I erase it all of the highlighted lines disappear. But when I am trying to explode all the lines the 3.jpg is view before I explode all the lines the after the 4.jpg is the view after explode. The wall have space in the middle.

How can I remove the wall without affecting the other 3d walls?

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

Assuming this is regular AutoCAD, not AutoCAD Architecture, you have to manually divide the solid object into different sections.  One method is to use the SLICE command, just be aware that is will SLICE through the selected object wherever it crosses the slicing plane. (as shown in the demo)  You can use the Separate tool, and then UNION any unintended Slices back together.

Slice-Separate.gif

Message 3 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: nestly2

Other options would be to Presspull or Extrude and Subtract a rectangle to remove the portion of the wall (just like creating the window, except now removing the entire wall rather than a window size portion of it).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

Sir nestly thank you for this it really help. What is the difference between regular autocad to autocad architecture? Thank you again
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Sir, I will try this method also.
Thank you also

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost