33 REPLIES 33
SOLVED
Message 1 of 34
eroarc
83334 Views, 33 Replies

how to reduce dwg file size?

hi everyone.

im abit lost here...

i've tried allmost everything i found on the web on how to reduce dwg file size:

purge

-purge...regapps ext.

overkill

audit

wblock 

rescalling 

and nothing seems to work, my file size is approx 15mb when it should be no more then 2mb

please help

thx

33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
braudpat
in reply to: eroarc

Hello

Have you MANY strange LineTypes in your DWG ?

If YES :

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD...

If NOT: can you share (send us - Dropbox or any other manner) your DWG in .ZIP/.RAR format ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 34
eroarc
in reply to: braudpat

thx man!!

it worked

Message 4 of 34
chris19870116
in reply to: braudpat

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have tried the above solution and it did not work.

Can I share my dwg. maybe?

Message 5 of 34
eroarc
in reply to: chris19870116

Sure, send it, I'll try to fix it

בברכה
ערן עופרי
אדריכל הנדסאי ומעצב פנים
Sent from my iPhone
Message 6 of 34
chris19870116

Message 7 of 34

Hi,

Please find attached.

Message 8 of 34
parishsouth

I thought I was pretty nifty when it came to AutoCAD and it's 3D environment, regardless of the 3rd party platform.  then one day, as it relates to a large dwg when by all indicators it should not be, I ran into the answer.  It could possibly be your issue.

In modeling we can choose to record the history of objects we use to generate a 3d solid, like circles, squares, or any shape that we extrude, etc.

also, we can choose to show this history or not,   it is possible to load down a dwg with a ton of history unbeknownst to the user.

the command BREP Removes the history from 3D solids and composite solids, and associativity from surfaces.

When a solid loses the history of the original parts from which it was created, the original parts can no longer be selected and modified. BREP also removes surface associativity. When a surface loses associativity it loses any mathematical expressions or information about how the surface was created.

set SHOWHIST to 1 or 2 to see the objects, and BREP to clean up.

hope it helps.

Mr. S.J. Boudreaux
Civil-Structural-3D Designer
AutoCAD2014
CADWorx2014
AutoCAD2014 Civil 3D
PDMS
Message 9 of 34
parishsouth

you may look into a extra large layer state issue.

Mr. S.J. Boudreaux
Civil-Structural-3D Designer
AutoCAD2014
CADWorx2014
AutoCAD2014 Civil 3D
PDMS
Message 10 of 34
eroarc
in reply to: chris19870116

hi chris.

i cant see your dwg file , send it directly to my email at ofrieran@gmail.com

Message 11 of 34
k_lal00

Hi

I am new to forums, so am not sure if this is the correct way to ask this question, please forgive me if it is not.

I have a similar problem as has been discussed here.

I did try to "unblock" it as well.

The files have been copied to my C\program files\...  not the network.

When I tried to run the DgnLsPurge.DLL, I receive the following error:

Command: NETLOAD
Cannot load assembly. Error details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\DgnLsPurge.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
File name: 'file:///C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\DgnLsPurge.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.ExtensionLoader.Load(String fileName)
at loadmgd()

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thank you

Kris

Message 12 of 34
eroarc
in reply to: k_lal00

Hi kris, you should address this problem to one of the tech guys in autodesk, the maximum I can do for you is to try and Handel your file on my PC and send it back to you.
If you'd like that just send it to me by email to eroarchitect@gmail.com .

בברכה
ערן עופרי

נשלח מהנייד
Message 13 of 34
girish1821

Try this...

Open a new file, Key in RECOVER Command & open your drawing.

Perform

1. Overkill

2. Audit

3. Purge

4. Also deleted Constraints  by Selecting Whole drawing ( option Available in Parametric Tab)

Now save & close your drawing in .dxf format.

Open it, save as in .dwg format.

This method will definetly reduce your file size

Message 14 of 34
sjzuniga
in reply to: girish1821

You the real MVP!
thanks!
Message 15 of 34
mabrook2277

Hello
I have a file size of 50mb
Can we reduce the size
Message 16 of 34

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com! 

>> I have a file size of 50mb
>> Can we reduce the size

To be honest, what answer do you expect now?

We don't know anything about your content, how should we answer your question with "yes" or "no"?

Start with reading the whole thread, follow the suggestions and if you have questions to specific workflows or commands, then let us know them. 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 17 of 34
abdullahnasee1

sir,

i have attached below drawing... its having more than 60mb but i cant reduce it

i alreeady used wblock, over kill, purge but it does nt reduce 

plz help me

Message 18 of 34

Hi,

files are limited here with 5MB, if you want to share a file larger than 5MB you'll have to use a public server like dropbox or A360 or something where you can upload large files.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 19 of 34
RoyalTouch

how to reduse drg.size...........i used all the command.......but fail to reduse file size...so plz help me

@eroarc wrote:

thx man!!

it worked

Message 20 of 34
RoyalTouch

can u teelll me the command ....for reducing drg.file size

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost