Did you mean: 

How to export a dwg with a graphic file into microstation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
fishautodesk124
907 Views, 4 Replies

How to export a dwg with a graphic file into microstation

Hello,

I have been trying to export a dwg with a graphic file to a dgn file in microstation v8i but everytime I lose the graphics.

Does anyone know how to export a dwg with a graphic file into microstation v8i?

Thanks

Windows 10 Professional Pro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.4 3.41 GHZ
16 GB
64-bit Operating System x64-based processor
AutoCAD Civil 3d 2016 sp 4
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

Microstation can open DWG-files, does that work?

And when you say you lose graphics, is all geometry away or just a few objects? Can you create a new drawing, draw just a line and export that ... also lost?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

Microstation can open DWG-files, does that work?

And when you say you lose graphics, is all geometry away or just a few objects? Can you create a new drawing, draw just a line and export that ... also lost?

- alfred -

Hello,

I know that you can open a file in microstation but my questions was to export which is different.

Yes, all the geometry are there and if I create a new drawing with just a couple of lines they also come in. 

Thanks for your help

Windows 10 Professional Pro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.4 3.41 GHZ
16 GB
64-bit Operating System x64-based processor
AutoCAD Civil 3d 2016 sp 4
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

>> I know that you can open a file in microstation but my questions was to export which is different.

Sorry, I just wanted to help and to show an alternative to get your data transfered from AutoCAD to Microstation.

But you don't tell us, if "graphics file" is then visible in Microstation. Maybe it's something not supported by Microstation?

>> Yes, all the geometry are there and if I create a new drawing with just a couple of lines they also come in.

Ok, all geometry is transfered just "graphics file" not. Can you describe what you exactly mean by "graphics file" and how this is used in the DWG?

Is it a JPG,PNG,TIFF.GIF.PDF.... and you have referenced it or is it an OLE object or is "graphics file" anything different?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: fishautodesk124

How is the image file inserted into AutoCAD?
Does MS have access to the source image file?
As a test, if you open the dwg file with the image in MS does the image appear?

Your posts offer no usable information, you are just reporting symptoms: remote help requires you to offer more details so we can replicate and confirm processes.

PS: AutoCAD is a terrible DGN file creator. If you don't actually have MS say so, don't pretend otherwise.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost