Did you mean: 

How to edit a corner wall

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
fishautodesk124
404 Views, 11 Replies

How to edit a corner wall

Hello,

I am currently using auto cad civil 3d version 12 sp 4 and what I am having problem with is trying to edit the corner pieces of a wall that I have created in the 3d modeling.

I created this using the polysolid command with a h= 8' and the width=.4' As you can see from the sketch  the end pieces of the long wall is a L shape which I just want a straight piece.I tried editing the pieces to make it straight but it seems not to work.

Another question I have is what is the easiest way to add a cabinet wall H=39" w=12" depth= 12"

Thanks

Windows 10 Professional Pro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.4 3.41 GHZ
16 GB
64-bit Operating System x64-based processor
AutoCAD Civil 3d 2016 sp 4
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
nestly2
in reply to: fishautodesk124

IMO, the quickest way to remove the "L" on the end of the wall is by using SubObject selection.  CTRL+Click on the faces that you want to eliminate, then press the <delete> key or the ERASE command.

To add a "cabinet wall" you can use POLYSOLID again if that's your preferred method of drawing "walls" .... just specify the correct width and height for the wall. 

BTW, are you using OSNAPS and ORTHO?  I noticed that many of the objects are not aligned precisely and/or are not quite perpendicular/parallel.

Subobject Selection.gif

Message 3 of 12
fishautodesk124
in reply to: nestly2

Hello,
Thanks for your help. I am learning this so I don't know if I am using osnap and ortho? Can you tell me how to check this and fix the problem so it will be perpendicular/parallel.
16 GB
Message 4 of 12
nestly2

Youtube is a great way to learn how to use AutoCAD. there's almost an endless supply of tutorials.

Here's a few to start with that should cover the basics of OSnaps, Ortho, and Polar Tracking.

OSnaps  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC3KvMgpUAQ

Ortho & Polar tracking  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3DD7UH6bhU

Polar Tracking  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VaSwecQtb8

Message 5 of 12
fishautodesk124

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions but when I do what you did it erase the whole wall. Here is some more info that may help me fiqure out what is wrong.

1. I am in the 3d modeling view

2. My original dwg shows the cursur x,y,z stuck on one side of the wall my cursor now does not show anything like yours with the x,y,z

How do I get rid of the cursor which is locked on the other side of the wall and how to get the x,y,z cursor back to what you have.

3. I am now using only object snap.

Any help would be appreciated

16 GB
Message 6 of 12
nestly2

When you CTRL+Click on a wall surface, does highlight and display a red grip in the middle as shown in the animation above?

2) Perhaps there's some confusion between the UCS icon and the Crosshairs (cursor)  Hopefully the animation below will be useful to make sure we're talking about the same object... It also shows some of the settings that display how the crosshairs are displayed.

If still not clear, post a screenshot showing how your crosshairs look.

UCS Icon vs Crosshairs.gif

Message 7 of 12
fishautodesk124

Hi,

I got it work. I have a couple of other question that you might be able to help me?

1. How do I check the properties like if the height and width of the wall is correct in 3d modeling?

2. How do I modify the wall with different heights and width in 3d modeling?

3. How to add cabinets on the wall say for example height=36" width=12" depth=12" in 3d modeling?

Thanks

16 GB
Message 8 of 12

5.Forgot to add how do you show certain views of say the 4 walls separately.in 3d modeling?
6. How do you change the shape color in 3d modeling?
16 GB
Message 9 of 12

Hi,

I got it work. I have a couple of other question that you might be able to help me?

1. How do I check the properties like if the height and width of the wall is correct in 3d modeling?

2. How do I modify the wall with different heights and width in 3d modeling?

3. How to add cabinets on the wall say for example height=36" width=12" depth=12" in 3d modeling?

4. How do I show different view of each side of the walls in 3d modeling?

Thanks

16 GB
Message 10 of 12
doni49

I'm confused.

The message indicates that you're working with C3D.  But then the questions you're asking are about Architectural Acad.

Also there are boards specifically for C3D and AutoCAD Architecture.  This particular board is intended for questions directly related to Acad.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 11 of 12
fishautodesk124
in reply to: doni49

Hello,
I am working with autocad 2012 within the 3d modeling environment. All these features can be done using the 3d modeling features.
16 GB
Message 12 of 12
doni49

@fishautodesk124 wrote:
Hello,
I am working with autocad 2012 within the 3d modeling environment. All these features can be done using the 3d modeling features.

When you talked about editing the wall, I took that to mean a wall object which would imply Acad Arch.  And in the original message, you said you were using C3D.  Hence my confusion.

Forum.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost